SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The progress on this new land is interesting. If it only includes Sesame Street (with some shops, food and meet and greats), a retheme of the current rides and the new parade. Then it feels like they could be done by the first of the year. I wonder if there might be more too this than what has been announced?

please sea world add a legit dark ride. The could at least to better than battle for metropolis on a budget and those rides are solid.

It won't happen with the opening of Sesame, but I would guess that it could come as a sesame expansion in a few years if Sesame proves to be a big draw. With the Wild Arctic building being right there they have a space ripe for a new indoor attraction.

Busch Gardens had one and now its venue space.
Yes, but that dark ride was something that was over-built for a regional park like BGW and too expensive to maintain. That's why they didn't build one at BGT (which would have been better suited to support something like that since they were doing almost twice the attendance at the time).

Without AB's deep pockets to support the parks anymore maintenance costs were sky high for a park like BGW. Now an new Sally dark ride is much more in line with what a regional park can build and maintain (ala Six Flags Justice League).

Just ripping out Wild Arctic is a lot easier said than done. I doubt they would want to get rid of the Walrus/Beluga/Seal exhibit as they are pretty nice/expensive habitats. It's just an old attraction in a weird location. The only thing I could see happening with that is them turning it into a Soarin' ride system.

As much as I'd love to see them add a simple, classic Sesame dark ride in that area, with the new parade storage facility they're building, there is very little room to do so unless they remove Wild Arctic.

The simulators are in the front building which is separate from the animal areas. They could easily split the two so the shop is the entrance and exit to the animals and then the simulator building is turned into a new attraction. It's a pretty simple building and gutting it shouldn't be too difficult. It would just take building a new entry on the Sesame side.

Google Maps

Yes, but that dark ride was something that was over-built for a regional park like BGW and too expensive to maintain. That's why they didn't build one at BGT (which would have been better suited to support something like that since they were doing almost twice the attendance at the time).

Without AB's deep pockets to support the parks anymore maintenance costs were sky high for a park like BGW. Now an new Sally dark ride is much more in line with what a regional park can build and maintain (ala Six Flags Justice League).
Antarctica seems to be running fine and maintaned

Sally would be a very fun choice

Reactions: OrlLover
The simulators are in the front building which is separate from the animal areas. They could easily split the two so the shop is the entrance and exit to the animals and then the simulator building is turned into a new attraction. It's a pretty simple building and gutting it shouldn't be too difficult. It would just take building a new entry on the Sesame side.

Google Maps
I don't know exactly how easy it is because the leveling of the buildings is all very strange. The simulators are what looks like 10-20 feet deep in the ground if you've ever looked over the railing in the little cat walk while you're walking into the simulator. That is a good idea though if they really ever want a sesame street dark ride in that building.

Assuming they are still going on the major/minor/major/minor/major plan, 2020 should be something of Mako/Infinity Falls proportions. The only place left I could think would be Wild Arctic section.

They have a couple of places left where they could build a coaster. Out over the lake or over the education pavillions etc.