SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration 2013 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

bobwadd

V.I.P. Member
Feb 20, 2010
You never know
SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration 2013

ChristmasCelebration-001.jpg

Wintery Wonderland - Waves of holiday spirits splash over you during SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration! With everything from Santa to Shamu, SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration is where holiday memories are made.

Select Dates November 23- December 31, 2013.

• Clyde and Seamore's Countdown to Christmas
    Santa’s helpers, Clyde Sea Lion and Seamore Sea Lion®, are bringing their own brand of comedy to Christmas this year. Our loveable sea lions, along with a few mischievous otters, a comical elf, and a wintery walrus or two, invite you and yours to their fun-filled holiday celebration. It doesn't get more holly or jolly than this.

• Elmo's Christmas Wish
    Everybody’s Sesame Street friends have come to SeaWorld Orlando for a festive and fun musical celebration! The holidays have arrived,Elmo's Christmas Wish will soon become your child's favorite show. Join Rosita, Grover, Zoe and Cookie Monster as they work together to help Elmo find his Christmas wish!

• O Wondrous Night
    O Wondrous Night tells the greatest story never told, with more than 30 carols, based upon The Christmas Story and told through the eyes of a variety of live animals. Everyone will be entertained by this touching, light-hearted and glorious celebration featuring a host of angels, animals and the true glory of Christmas. The 30-minute show features puppetry and dance against the backdrop of traditional Christmas music that will charm, entertain and delight people from all walks of life. Guests will experience a true living nativity including camels, goats, sheep, an alpaca, a zebu and a flock of white doves. Lots of singing, special effects and holiday spirit, O Wondrous Night is another reason to make SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration a part of your family’s holiday tradition for years to come. Guests can view O Wondrous Night each evening of SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration.

• Sea Of Trees
    Take a walk through our wintery, watery wonderland and immerse yourself in a sea of holiday trees. Our glistening forest with over 100 trees sparkles to music and lights up the water... and, your eyes. As the lights literally dance to holiday classics, your heart will soar with wonder and delight at this truly awe-inspiring Christmas treat.

• Shamu Christmas Miracles
    SeaWorld® invites you to experience the power and beauty of our Shamu family in our nighttime holiday show: Shamu® Christmas Miracles. Thrilling seasonal music rings out and killer whales soar through the air in a story of reflection and understanding... of peace and friendship... of the everyday miracles that surround us all year long. From the sweeping vocal majesty of our soundtrack to the heart-pounding excitement you've come to expect from our Shamu family, this performance will take you on a stirring voyage into the heart of the holidays.

• Winter Wonderland on Ice
    Christmas comes to life on a stage of ice, jewels and light as skaters dazzle and delight in this show-stopping, ice skating extravaganza. The other stars of the show are the towering fountains of water dancing on the lake and fireworks that light up the night sky after the last ice show of the evening. It’s a don’t-miss experience for the holidays that will take your breath away.

• Holiday Reflections: Fireworks and Fountain Finale
    SeaWorld celebrates the season with soaring fountains, dazzling lights, and festive fireworks, choreographed to joyous holiday musical favorites. Experience a wondrous SeaWorld Christmas connection that lights the night.

• The Waterfront
    Christmas brings out the child in all of us. That's probably why everyone feels right at home at SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration, where kids can enjoy all the joy of the holidays along with all of the favorites! Gather the entire family for dinner at Seafire Inn during Santa's Fireside Feast.

• THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience
    Now boarding! It’s a wondrous journey to the North Pole aboard THE POLAR EXPRESS. The beloved holiday classic comes to life as you and your family are immersed in the heart-warming story of a young boy’s thrilling ride into an enchanted world. The sights, sounds, and scents of the season surround you. From the moment the conductor calls “all aboard” to your arrival at the North Pole (where you’ll meet Santa Claus himself), THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience promises to create an unforgettable holiday memory.

• Shamu's Happy Harbor
    Shamu® and his crew invite kids of all ages to play the day away in a wintery wonderland of frosty fun. Whimsical holiday lights decorate the harbor in surprising ways sure to delight the young and young at heart, while snow flurries bring a touch of the North Pole to the games, rides, and experiences of Shamu's Happy Harbor.

Experience the Holly Jolly Railway — Ho-Ho-Ho! Hop aboard the Holly Jolly Railway for a sea-inspired spin around Shamu’s Happy Harbor — it’s a ride that’s totally Santa-approved!

• Santa's Fireside Feast
    Enjoy a warm-hearted holiday experience and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus at Santa’s Fireside feast, an exclusive dinner featuring an all-you-care-to-eat menu of holiday favorites and delicious desserts. A complimentary family photo is also included to remember the night.

• The Christmas Market
    'Tis the season for being together. Feel the warmth of family as you admire festive ice dancers gliding merrily across the ice, then visit the bustling Christmas Market. You'll find something special for that special someone among unique artisans and culinary delights.

• Wild Arctic Plaza
    Find authentic THE POLAR EXPRESS items, stockings and holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list. Capture the perfect family photo with Santa in the North Pole (at Wild Arctic) in front of one of the train cars from THE POLAR EXPRESS. Memories are made, and captured, at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration.

Thanks again for the photos Bob! I am looking forward to it as well. Two quick questions:

1) Better to go on a 9p closing night or 11p closing night? What is a better tradeoff, staying later with more crowds, or leaving at 9p?

2) Any feedback on the quality of Santa's feast vs. other options (Shamu, Sharks, etc.)?

Thanks again for the photos Bob! I am looking forward to it as well. Two quick questions:

1) Better to go on a 9p closing night or 11p closing night? What is a better tradeoff, staying later with more crowds, or leaving at 9p?

2) Any feedback on the quality of Santa's feast vs. other options (Shamu, Sharks, etc.)?

1 - IMO I would stay for the later night. Even though it will more than likely be busier you will have more time to get everything done. :shrug:

2 - I still have not tried enough of these options to let you know. OF, can you help out?

I would come later/stay later for the later night. Things start to clear out after 9. People who bring young kids tend to get there early and leave early, especially if it's chilly. If you want to see the O Wondrous Night show, line up for it really early, it will be packed EVERY showing, but it is pretty amazing. Or buy the Quick Queue for the Christmas events.

Santa's Fireside Feast is nice if you have kids or just want to hear Santa read Night Before Christmas. The food is buffet style and good, but you can get special Christmas meals at many of the park's restaurants (turkey, ham, etc just for Christmas). If you just want a great meal, Sharks is expensive but really top notch.

1 - IMO I would stay for the later night. Even though it will more than likely be busier you will have more time to get everything done. :shrug:

2 - I still have not tried enough of these options to let you know. OF, can you help out?

It has been a couple of years since I have been and I have never done the feast at SW, the one at BGT is good, but I would say the later hours are better for doing it all. I rode Manta and Kracken so much, with almost no waiting, after dark and had a blast.

That was a picture from when they were setting it up. It now has all the "snow" in place that should be there and looks better.

I'm shocked that it looks like they have been spending some money on upgrades to the Christmas decorations along the Polar Pathway. A few new things have been added and they are upgrading a bunch of stuff. The new model train layout is going to be really cool, with five separate tracks all interacting! They were working on the landscaping around it today.

Last edited:
Checked this out yesterday with my wife on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. We only stopped in for a couple of hours and didn't see any shows, but the overall aesthetic of the park during Christmastime is very nice, with Christmas music literally everywhere. The Polar Express was a great overlay, IMO. Even though the ride itself is lacking...ok, it kinda sucks...I was impressed with the re-decorations inside the waiting area/cabin, and Santa Town inside the actual exhibit was great. I could've spent all day in there. Very well-done!

Sidenote, finally got to ride Antarctica, and it's really not a bad ride when your expectations are in check. It's one of the more enjoyable aspects of SeaWorld IMO.

I personally think Sea World does the best holiday overlay of all the parks. I think the main reason is they have more special shows and things like that than any other park. Last year we went three times to be able to see everything including New Years Eve.

Thanks for all the pics, Bob! :thumbs: It looks really nice! I need to find the time so I can go this year, since I've never gone before, and I gotta take advantage of having my AP :cheers:

This week is the time to go! We went last night and it wasn't too crowded (especially compared to the weekend).