Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the recent aerial photo of USH I think I figured out the final layout of SLOP. They're going to have to be very creative with their set design. I'm picturing a bunch of open windows with TV screens in them lol.

View attachment 9089

Disney managed to do a lot with not much more for the Little Mermaid:
dca_mermaid_layout.jpg

I'll give Universal the benefit of the doubt. Mermaid used about 16,500 sq feet for actual attraction space, excluding back of house areas. SLOP looks to only be using 13,000 and is being wedged in to a very awkward shape. I'm excited to see what they can do with the space.

And everyone just LOVES that ride ;)

I love being able to see broad daylight during the last 2 scenes. Such good design.

I'll give Universal the benefit of the doubt. Mermaid used about 16,500 sq feet for actual attraction space, excluding back of house areas. SLOP looks to only be using 13,000 and is being wedged in to a very awkward shape. I'm excited to see what they can do with the space.

Thanks for the Sq Ft details.

I'm reserving judgement until it opens. I still hope it will be a crowd pleasing, high capacity family dark ride - which is exactly what the park needs.

I still can't understand why the Walking Dead was not taken out for this.

Looking forward to what they do with the new building facades. Question is, when might we see work start on changing Baker Street to a New York street set?

DP

From JPLand, you can notice on the side facing TWDA; what seems to be little area's for balconies on the facade.

Also, from IU:

EDIT: Another new update from JPLand, as walls are now forming inside the showbuilding.

Last edited:
The fact that they're working on interior framing before the exterior walls have even been framed means they want this thing opened literally tomorrow. I wouldn't rule out a Jan or Feb 2020 opening at the latest.

Especially with most of the right portion of the facade; now under tarps, I am honestly wondering more and more now if they can make it that quick.

Or at-least, starting softs by Late December/Early January.

Meanwhile, from JPLand.

I'm sure they want it open for capacity during the crazy holiday season. Whether they make it or not is another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.