Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As with basically everything, it's all personal preference. Mario Kart has the AR and the interactivity. For some/many people, that will push it considerably over the top.

Neither of those elements are particular selling points for me, personally, so my immediate reaction -- with the important caveat that I haven't ridden either -- is to gravitate towards this ride.

The more important thing is that they both look like quality pieces of work from Universal.

If this ends up in Orlando, it will become my new favorite ride at Universal.

It’s even more bonkers considering this is the trimmed-down version. Either this is the smartly edited “perfect” version, or what they originally had planned was even better.

I mean to me I don't get it but I admit I have zero love for the characters

Mario Kart means something to me and to me I've very excited to ride with or without glasses for me its the ride that could beat HP Forbidden Journey as my favorite ride
I am not a fan of the Harry Potter movies, and I don't care about the characters in the slightest. But, I absolutely love the Forbidden Journey and the Wizarding World as a whole.
I think there's a connection, to be honest.

Most rides the community doesn't hype up in their heads for years before hand tend to have decent receptions, because there's no baseline expectation.

Like, this looks like a very cute ride. Would I rather ride it than Mario Kart? not in a million years.
I hyped Rise, Runaway Railway and Hagrid to death and they all met and exceeded the expectations I had set for them. Heck, I think I had for more hype for the Runaway Railway than Mario Kart.

I'm just not a fan of the execution of Mario Kart (and while we're at it, Beauty & the Beast).

Last edited:
Reactions: therock and Paulio
As with basically everything, it's all personal preference. Mario Kart has the AR and the interactivity. For some/many people, that will push it considerably over the top.

Neither of those elements are particular selling points for me, personally, so my immediate reaction -- with the important caveat that I haven't ridden either -- is to gravitate towards this ride.

The more important thing is that they both look like quality pieces of work from Universal.
I agree, just basing as someone who has seen what’s out there and hasn’t experienced, this ride not only appeals to me more than MK, but just looks like the better ride.

I agree, just basing as someone who has seen what’s out there and hasn’t experienced, this ride not only appeals to me more than MK, but just looks like the better ride.
I'm not sure I would go as far to say that I like this more than Mario Kart. Personally, seeing Mario's World in real life, no matter how fast or slow, is a dream come true.

However, I will say that Universal impressed me with this ride in a different way than they have in many years, simple storytelling and practical effects have resulted in a pretty wholesome attraction.

It's an interesting place to be in. And perhaps there is something to do with expectations based on IP, I don't know. But this is the first time we've gotten two family friendly, dark ride experiences, from Universal, back to back.

So it is interesting to compare.

Of course, Universal is killing it right now with either.

My ONLY gripe with this ride is that is has (albeit a very low) height requirement and that a test seat might be needed for some guests. Having a ride like this helps the "Universal isn't for kids" crowd, but does nothing for those who complain about size inclusivity.
I think it's kind of odd that a slow-moving dark ride would require these restraints. Hopefully someday Uni would include modified seating for this ride if they listen to crowd feedback.

I'm not sure I would go as far to say that I like this more than Mario Kart. Personally, seeing Mario's World in real life, no matter how fast or slow, is a dream come true.

However, I will say that Universal impressed me with this ride in a different way than they have in many years, simple storytelling and practical effects have resulted in a pretty wholesome attraction.
I’ve never cared how fast MK went or even really expected a fast ride out of it.

It’s an insurance and manufacturer thing.
I get that, but it keeps the ride from being all ages. Wouldn’t it just take some adjustments on Universal’s end to make it a lap bar (ala Haunted Mansion) instead? I just get the sense they don’t want to, meaning it’s more insurance than manufacturing.

Reactions: NocturneFexy
I get that, but it keeps the ride from being all ages. Wouldn’t it just take some adjustments on Universal’s end to make it a lap bar (aka Haunted Mansion) instead? I just get the sense they don’t want to, meaning it’s more insurance than manufacturing.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the CiTH situation

Reactions: Clive and Coolbfitz
I just feel like there's a version of this exact ride that could've been built without motion and handlebars that require a height limit and test seat and we didn't get it for some reason.