Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is their own ride system.

Also the 40" appeared to be an error it's 34" on the app now.

Now if they could just fix the colors of the boats to grey on JW ride and change the red awnings to blue then life would be good.

I think I can finally articulate why the exposed show building bothers me so much. I know many don't care on here, and that is fine. I also understand this is a backlot style park (although I'd argue they've been working away from that somewhat with Harry Potter, Simpsons, and soon to be Nintendo).

I think my issue stems from that fact that the entrance of the ride, arguably a piece of theming that is designed to be photographed and draw you in, will have every image of itself tainted by that view to the right.

In a backlot, anything designed to be on camera (as that area would undoubtedly be) should be in theme. For example, it would make total sense for the backside of the building, the area around the corner to the left being themed as a warehouse. But the area to the right is so in frame with the key shot of this scene/world, which they've detailed so well and crafted beautifully, that all it does is draw me out of it completely. I get that in the film world they can just angle/crop it out. But if me, the viewer, is sort of the camera... that just doesn't work.

I know they've never designed the park as if we are the camera, it's just the best way I can articulate how it bothers me.

I don't think you're incorrect with any of that stuff at all. But, I do think that the vast majority of people who agree with you are only found on this message board and others like it. I don't think the general public will care, if they even notice in the first place.

Also, as a platinum AP holder who goes at least twice a month, I admit that I also do not care.

I think I can finally articulate why the exposed show building bothers me so much. I know many don't care on here, and that is fine. I also understand this is a backlot style park (although I'd argue they've been working away from that somewhat with Harry Potter, Simpsons, and soon to be Nintendo).

I think my issue stems from that fact that the entrance of the ride, arguably a piece of theming that is designed to be photographed and draw you in, will have every image of itself tainted by that view to the right.

In a backlot, anything designed to be on camera (as that area would undoubtedly be) should be in theme. For example, it would make total sense for the backside of the building, the area around the corner to the left being themed as a warehouse. But the area to the right is so in frame with the key shot of this scene/world, which they've detailed so well and crafted beautifully, that all it does is draw me out of it completely. I get that in the film world they can just angle/crop it out. But if me, the viewer, is sort of the camera... that just doesn't work.

I know they've never designed the park as if we are the camera, it's just the best way I can articulate how it bothers me.

This is a good summation of the way I feel as well. To me, looking at the first picture and how great everything looks... and then to just see it suddenly stop being themed once it hits backstage hurts that crucial front view to me. Like you said, I know many don't care, but I feel like the details that guests don't necessarily "notice" but it helps to further immerse them in that world - those are the things that a world class theme park should be striving for.

Give guests what they don't know they want.

^^^While I don't care myself, I do understand your point of view and why you'd feel that way.

I think another issue is that that "studio" wall largely faces outside the park, and to me, it'd look even more odd to see a series of apartment buildings steps away from the main entrance, and very visible from the park exit. It'd really take away from the main entrance.

i get y’all, but personally i forget its there until someone points it out.
That's the point I was trying to make though. You don't have to outwardly notice it. But going that extra mile helps keep people immersed more and it's just there, because it's a world class theme park and that's what they should strive for. I've argued this enough over the years though and quite frankly i'm just done with the topic :lol:

That's the point I was trying to make though. You don't have to outwardly notice it. But going that extra mile helps keep people immersed more and it's just there, because it's a world class theme park and that's what they should strive for.
fair point. it doesn’t really break the immersion for me, but i get you!

In other awesome news....

TEST SEAT! wonder if this is the size of the actual ride vehicle, but honestly i’d expect more that two people in each box

I have to admit I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.