Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I can finally articulate why the exposed show building bothers me so much. I know many don't care on here, and that is fine. I also understand this is a backlot style park (although I'd argue they've been working away from that somewhat with Harry Potter, Simpsons, and soon to be Nintendo).

I think my issue stems from that fact that the entrance of the ride, arguably a piece of theming that is designed to be photographed and draw you in, will have every image of itself tainted by that view to the right.

In a backlot, anything designed to be on camera (as that area would undoubtedly be) should be in theme. For example, it would make total sense for the backside of the building, the area around the corner to the left being themed as a warehouse. But the area to the right is so in frame with the key shot of this scene/world, which they've detailed so well and crafted beautifully, that all it does is draw me out of it completely. I get that in the film world they can just angle/crop it out. But if me, the viewer, is sort of the camera... that just doesn't work.

I know they've never designed the park as if we are the camera, it's just the best way I can articulate how it bothers me.

While I don’t necessarily agree I appreciate you taking the time to explain and point out more than “RAAAAH BEIGE BAD”.

Also the 40" appeared to be an error it's 34" on the app now.
Robert Niles, Theme Park insider, recently said that it's a 5 minute long omnimover ride.

An omnimover with a height limit? Have we ever had that before in any park? I feel like every omnimover I have ever been on was tame enough for any age.

(And, yes, I am asking for the sake of my 17 month old)

An omnimover with a height limit? Have we ever had that before in any park? I feel like every omnimover I have ever been on was tame enough for any age.

(And, yes, I am asking for the sake of my 17 month old)
Does Forbidden Journey count?

Ignoring FJ, this would be Universal's first take on the traditional omnimover ride. Taking a look at all of Universal's other rides height requirements (examples: DM at 40", Cat in Hat at 36", ET at 34"), this certainly falls right in line with them. Disney is much more accommodating to baby-heights.

Side note since you mentioned age instead of height... Disney warns that Haunted Mansion may be too intense for small children, but there's no height requirement, so there's at least one at Disney that isn't tame for any age.

Wait.. restraints which restricts guests of certain body shape & size? On THIS? Yikes. There's going to be some disappointed kids if their parents can't make it on.

Can’t be too careful. You don’t want the kids to fall out of a 3mph moving ride vehicle.
giphy.gif

Looking at the warning sign for this ride now and it says that no one should ride who has high blood pressure, recent injuries, or is pregnant.

Gotta love how overzealous Uni is for safety.
Just trying to have a reasonable defense for the next time they (inevitably) get sued.

Reactions: tielo and Nathan
If the restraint is a metal lap bar vs. a seat belt and the ride has any jerky movements, I can see the need to warn pregnant ladies from riding.

Looking at the warning sign for this ride now and it says that no one should ride who has high blood pressure, recent injuries, or is pregnant.

Gotta love how overzealous Uni is for safety.
Maybe there’s a little extra movement with this ride that we aren’t privy to? The Men in Black ride in Orlando has similar restrictions. Could also explain why there’s a test seat outside, as well as those other size restrictions we’ve seen.

Wasn’t this rumored to be two stories at some point? Maybe there’s an incline at some point.

Maybe there’s a little extra movement with this ride that we aren’t privy to? The Men in Black ride in Orlando has similar restrictions. Could also explain why there’s a test seat outside, as well as those other size restrictions we’ve seen.

Wasn’t this rumored to be two stories at some point? Maybe there’s an incline at some point.
The Yoshi ride has a small incline/decline elevation change, not like a whole story, but something worth noting. And it's possible the ride vehicles for this could rotate, or move side to side to point in different directions, unlike Yoshi...

But the test seats are likely to make sure people of certain dimensions fit in the restraints, and for accessibility/wheelchair transfer tests/practice. There's a chance certain size individuals may have trouble fitting. If it's anything like Yoshi, it may be an issue for taller folks squeezing their legs in, not necessarily larger waisted individuals.

Based off this satellite image and a video I came across awhile back peering over the construction walls, it looks to be entirely flat. The entire track/ride system sits on support columns so the actual ride will be on the second floor.

SLOP Track Layout from Bing Maps.jpg

Based off this satellite image and a video I came across awhile back peering over the construction walls, it looks to be entirely flat. The entire track/ride system sits on support columns so the actual ride will be on the second floor.

View attachment 11777
"2nd Floor" is relative. Just like Terminator, this ride has to be raised off the ground to support mechanics below the floor. There will be only 1 floor to this ride and the space under the floor is not accessible by public. This ride is going to be super short! Be prepared.

"2nd Floor" is relative. Just like Terminator, this ride has to be raised off the ground to support mechanics below the floor. There will be only 1 floor to this ride and the space under the floor is not accessible by public. This ride is going to be super short! Be prepared.

Any idea on how the queue is? ls it some switchback ramps like the Minion's queue or stairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.