Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

The movie is well on it's way to making over $200 million, and that's before it really rolls out into the international market. It was already one of his most famous stories, and now they could capitalize on the new found popularity from the movies. So, what does everybody else here think? Would a Lorax- based attraction work in Seuss Landing?

Yes, it would definitely work. Since there is the section in the film that features a water ride-like scene, I would think a family friendly water ride, like a cross between small world and a log flume (the logs could play off the "save the trees" theme).

Last edited:
I think just a dark ride style water ride would work fine. I agree that we don't really need another one where you get wet.

Yeah, I was thinking a dark ride style log flume. A very gentle family friendly ride like small world. No drops, no getting wet, eye candy galore. That kind of thing.

Could they? Sure. Not likely to happen. But it is not a blockbuster movie. It is a hit for this year but not a memorable work of film that would make them jump and base something off of the source material and movie into an attraction I think Universal is fine with just having him represented in Suess Landing and around their resorts. They make money off of merch without adding a single attraction.

Could they? Sure. Not likely to happen. But it is not a blockbuster movie. It is a hit for this year but not a memorable work of film that would make them jump and base something off of the source material and movie into an attraction I think Universal is fine with just having him represented in Suess Landing and around their resorts. They make money off of merch without adding a single attraction.

IoA needs a new attraction soon. Lorax would fit that bill and give love to SL. I would think it's very possible.

Classic story.

It doesn't even need to tie directly into the movie. The book is one of Seuss' most memorable, that's what matters. It just happens they have a reason to sell merchandise now.

I would think they would give Grinch an attraction before the Lorax.

You're probably right. But I don't think the Lorax is out of the question.

Fantasyland Expansion...meet Suess Landing Expansion

I say do both..a new Grinch Family Coaster (Plus a year round Christmas themed area) and Lorax Dark ride would be amazing...never going to happen, but it would be nice...
The only question is will their be a sequel? If not the chances of their being a ride is very slim..

Fantasyland Expansion...meet Suess Landing Expansion

I say do both..a new Grinch Family Coaster (Plus a year round Christmas themed area) and Lorax Dark ride would be amazing...never going to happen, but it would be nice...
The only question is will their be a sequel? If not the chances of their being a ride is very slim..

You can't really do a sequel to the Lorax, and I think Uni realizes that.

I haven't seen the Lorax, but I'm all for a new highly-themed dark ride! :thumbs:

Isn't the Grinch is a pretty seasonal story though? That always seemed like a problem with that idea

Yes, it's a Christmas story.

Potter is essentially "seasonal".

Potter is like a parallel world, or not even that, the wizard community is supposedly a hidden community within our planet. It's not seasonal.

There are many reasons why The Lorax just really didn't work well for me, but they all account for how, unless Universal decides to take the attraction using the original and better storyline in the first animated film version, this ride just won't work... It's essentially Wall-e without the sense of true completion since Wall-e is, essentially, a love story. This is more like... a poorly held together amalgamation with really bad puns. I'm ALL for a Grinch attraction/area and always have been. I feel that's what IOA has coming next.