Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shanghai Disneyland

Thanks! I'm not much of a video taking person, but I thought I might as well document some stuff.

I'm a Tokyo resort fan for sure. This is my second trip to TDR and it was just as good or better than my last visit. The level of detail in DisneySea is unmatched and the Castmembers are like none other (no offense to the USA Cast).

However, favorite ride handsdown goes to Mystic Manor in Hong Kong... Truly a wow ride.

Tokyo's resort has been fabled as basically the gold standard for Disney parks, and I hope to get a chance to visit at some point! I also hope to visit HK's park, because Mystic Manor seems like it's right up my alley.

Another question: is someone who doesn't speak any of the various languages going to be able to have a fairly seamless and smooth experience at these resorts?

Tokyo's resort has been fabled as basically the gold standard for Disney parks, and I hope to get a chance to visit at some point! I also hope to visit HK's park, because Mystic Manor seems like it's right up my alley.

Another question: is someone who doesn't speak any of the various languages going to be able to have a fairly seamless and smooth experience at these resorts?
English is a second language of almost everyone who has a different primary language. These foreign parks that attract customers from varied cultures take this into account when being built. Almost everything has a version in English if it isn't already. Most people would be fine.

As somebody who's been to Tokyo, I had no issues whatsoever. There's more English signage than Japanese oddly enough. The cast members speak enough English to answer whatever questions you might have. The only issues were that all of the shows and attractions were in Japanese (obviously, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of them) and any announcements on the PA will be in Japanese. Journey broke down when I was in line and I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Except for the kids playing with the props in the queue for the Pirates show, I literally experienced none of these issues. So your mileage may vary... or you gotta really be looking for it.

Also, if you've never had a run-in with a stroller, have you REALLY ever been to a Disney park?

In my eyes, if you bring Orlando into the time frame, you should bring in the other Disney parks. From what I recall, when they announced the deal with Camron, it was to bring aspects of Pandora to all of the Disney parks starting with Orlando’s Animal Kingdom.

That is not much different than Nintendo announcing a deal with Universal to bring a presence to Universal parks starting with Japan.

Welp, Screamscape just reported that Avatar might be added to Shanghai Disneyland. That was convenient.