Sharknado 3 Filming At Universal | Inside Universal Forums

Sharknado 3 Filming At Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I had heard that it was going to happen, and apparently today they were filming Sharknado III at Universal in front of Disaster.

It's good to see Universal is continuing their legacy of movies that have been filmed in the parks, like Beethoven's Big Break and Bring It On: In It To Win It.

Reactions: RevFreako
I guess Chris Jericho has a part in the movie. Saw a pic of him dressed as a Rockit attendant. These movies are god awful but I'll watch it to see how Universal is incorporated in it.

I saw a BTS clip that showed that they do use Twister in this, as well as Rip Ride Rockit. This is going to be so bad.

The preview I saw showed a shark sitting at the top of Rockit. It also showed the inside portion of Twister and it showed the famous Universal globe off its perch, rolling down a hill.

I have a feeling I'm going to be thinking "awesome" and "hilarious" at the same time.

After watching the movie (which I thought was hilarious btw), I liked the parts filmed at Universal that were on property but less "in your face" than anything. I mean, Universal didn't really serve as a main point of the storyline at all, they could've done that storyline anywhere in Orlando, so when they were showing off a lot of Uni it felt like blatant advertising.

That said, in a film like Sharknado, which prides itself on being cheesy and has used synergy for years with NBC and such, it fit well in this context.

I can't believe I spent two hours of my life watching Sharknado 3. This gives the term camp comedy an entire new meaning. That said, I really enjoyed all of the Studios' & CBBR scenes. There was a ton.The inside Twister scene was pretty cool. ................. Made me homesick for my favorite theme park resort.