Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Show: Academy of Villains: House of Fear

I'm not sure their other work is a great indicator. This sounds far more artistic and engaging than "just a dance troupe."

Give it a chance.

Yeah I am hoping this is really cool and creative and they have cool stunts.
Im just worried about the music, do you know anything about the music they will use ?

Since I teased in main thread. Minor and hypothetical spoilers, but spoilers none the less ...

Bad News: the show is dancing prisoners. Yawn.

Good News: people familiar with it are nevertheless very positive about it.

(Potentially) Better News: there's a "Plan B" if it bombs in previews/opening weekend to add in Chance.

Since I teased in main thread. Minor and hypothetical spoilers, but spoilers none the less ...

(Potentially) Better News: there's a "Plan B" if it bombs in previews/opening weekend to add in Chance.
The scenario you mention is something I was thinking could happen. I'm happy I'm not the only one with that idea!

whats the music like? do you know?

i could see them doing "better news" one week or two weeks after the event started (kind weird they have a plan in place for that already :lol::lol:

I watched the video from when they were at Knott's and it seemed a little better, I made it about 2-3 minutes into that one.:saywhat:

Of course then the thought occurred why is HHN using something left over from Knott's Scary Farm.

I watched the video from when they were at Knott's and it seemed a little better, I made it about 2-3 minutes into that one.:saywhat:

Of course then the thought occurred why is HHN using something left over from Knott's Scary Farm.

i only like the ending with the softer music. the dubstep was cringy as hell.

the reason some of us are having trouble even finishing the video itself is because the dance show seems kinda boring.
having talk between the dance numbers would help break the monotony of the dance.
I personally hope they do plan b.

I guess this is why we got Academy of Villians.

Keeping in mind, USH had them last year as-well..

If Plan B happens..I actually wouldn't be shocked about it. Would I be upset? Probably, but I wouldn't be shocked about it if they had too. It does bring more of a question to why the hell she couldn't of just had her own Icon Show on that stage and the Chance in Hell scarezone being in Hollywood as opposed to Production Central, but hey; I guess we'll find out soon enough..

Keeping in mind, USH had them last year as-well..
They joked about the Jabbawockeez in B&T last year, I wonder if they'll throw in some Academy of Villains this year.:lol:
If Plan B happens..I actually wouldn't be shocked about it. Would I be upset? Probably, but I wouldn't be shocked about it if they had too. It does bring more of a question to why the hell she couldn't of just had her own Icon Show on that stage and the Chance in Hell scarezone being in Hollywood as opposed to Production Central, but hey; I guess we'll find out soon enough..
It really does feel like something happened behind the scenes here, almost like something fell through and they just called around to see what group they could book as a replacement.

It really does feel like something happened behind the scenes here, almost like something fell through and they just called around to see what group they could book as a replacement.

Agreed. Am I hopeful that AoV could do something that is unique and deserving of the space? Yes. But, AoV should've gone to the park that oh; I don't know, is LA based and has been asking for it..

I hope their show is exactly like this with the same kind of music and the same kind of story and everything. this is really amazing
this clip gave me a lot of hope because it means academy of Villains Can work with creepy stuff and creepy music if they wanted to, i hope they bring the horror into their show

The description for the show is here..

As a riot breaks out in Shadybrook, this take-no-prisoners performance troupe thrusts you into a realm of madness and mayhem. High-energy dance and specialty acts mix in an explosion of insanity. The inmates are now running the asylum!

...I have a strange feeling that Chance is going to be involved with the show day 1 and that she will be a minor character to the story..

DP, some individuals have apparently gotten to see AoV and the word is coming out of positive response.
Yeah I've seen those as well. Maybe this won't be as bad as expected. It is the entertainment preview though, so I think it's possible those watching it have a greater appreciation for the technical aspect of it and could overlook the show as a whole. When I watch the videos I can clearly see that what they're doing is impressive, but I have a hard time finding any real entertainment value out of it for me personally.