Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Show: Academy of Villains: House of Fear

I can respect the fact that there are people who like this, but I don't want to see it return. I would prefer to have the magic shows or RHPS.
I don't really like the magic shows, but I would welcome the return of RHPS (Rocky Horror Picture Show for those watching at home). It's unique enough from what we have had recently that I would welcome the change. That being said, I would not want it to return year after year. I think my biggest complaint is repetition. As long as these different kinds of shows are rotated each year then I am okay with whatever they pick. That is unless it's just bad.

Would you be happy if it returned as a yearly show? or at least every few years?

I for one agree with you that the show grows stale pretty fast. I watched half of the full show and a full modified show, so I think I can see it two more times and still enjoy it. I would be happy if this replaced the magic shows for the years when we don't have icons (or good/significant icons).

My issue is I'm a cis white man from Ohio who listens to punk and acid jazz so it's just not my jam, that's all.

Would you be happy if it returned as a yearly show? or at least every few years?

I for one agree with you that the show grows stale pretty fast. I watched half of the full show and a full modified show, so I think I can see it two more times and still enjoy it. I would be happy if this replaced the magic shows for the years when we don't have icons (or good/significant icons).

if they came back they would definitely have to create a new story. It would be interesting in what they would do different.
But having this come back would be pretty great if they dont have anything else like another Icon show

I can respect the fact that there are people who like this, but I don't want to see it return. I would prefer to have the magic shows or RHPS.

do you really prefer magic shows? they are so boring... I feel like I could barely watch Brian Brushwood Once and then I was bored of my mind (most magic shows are doing the same tricks for decades now)

I don't know, we are talking about staleness and this show and there is nothing more stale and repetitive than a magic show because they never change. there's no excitement,
what about magic shows makes you like them to come back? im just curious

do you really prefer magic shows? they are so boring... I feel like I could barely watch Brian Brushwood Once and then I was bored of my mind (most magic shows are doing the same tricks for decades now)
I don't really like the magic shows at all, but I would prefer them over AoV. For me AoV is hands down the worst show I've ever seen at Universal, I would prefer the food truck wrap show or Fear Factor over this show. So while I understand there are people who like this a magic show for me would be a huge improvement.

I saw it on Sunday and am indifferent towards it. I cannot call it terrible by any measure, but I am sad that this will likely be a recurring act for the foreseeable future.

I saw it on Sunday and am indifferent towards it. I cannot call it terrible by any measure, but I am sad that this will likely be a recurring act for the foreseeable future.

Something I thought of, what if this was offered on the concert stage to entertain those in queue and another show is offered in front of Mel's?

Something I thought of, what if this was offered on the concert stage to entertain those in queue and another show is offered in front of Mel's?
It seems to me like it could be fitting to offer this as a third show on the street somewhere. They obviously can do this in a street setting seems like that make be a better fit.

I don't think that would work. There are people who really like the show and would go into the queue just to see the show. They would just stand and not move with the everyone else and block the queue.

It seems to me like it could be fitting to offer this as a third show on the street somewhere. They obviously can do this in a street setting seems like that make be a better fit.
I think it would not work as well as a street show. Ya they were still good during the modified shows, but it would feel cheap and last-minute without the hurricane.

I think it would not work as well as a street show. Ya they were still good during the modified shows, but it would feel cheap and last-minute without the hurricane.
I think they did it as a street show at HHN Hollywood.

If this were creatively incorporated into a scare zone I could see myself actually maybe coming around and liking this. I think that's my biggest issue is it really isn't a show, it's just dancing. If there was a story and a purpose for it it could actually be entertaining.

If this were creatively incorporated into a scare zone I could see myself actually maybe coming around and liking this. I think that's my biggest issue is it really isn't a show, it's just dancing. If there was a story and a purpose for it it could actually be entertaining.
I think they do it in the Special Effects Stage. There probably is a good way to incorporate them, but I don't see it.

The majority of the general public enjoys this show, even a bunch of hardcores enjoy this show. I loved it and saw it multiple times. I do agree they need more shows as a general people-eater. Keep this show here because it needs the big stage/music but have multiple other street shows like the icons from last year but make them a little longer.

the videos of this show in the street in Hollywood was not that cool. they didn't have the giant screen to project any kind of video and they couldn't do some of the tricks and stunts they do in a stage. in the street the show becomes too basic.

It really does literally becomes just a dance show. no stunts, no shadow theater, it would lose a lot of its charm.

I Would love to see the show in a stage like the Terminator Stage or the horror and make up stage just to see what they could do differently.

If the show comes back next year I hope they do a monster theme. maybe Universal monsters or maybe a mutant theme.
the theme this year is pretty cool but I would love to see them have creepier costumes