Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...is it me or why do i think that looks like leftover Tourture devices used from a Duloc version of Walmart. It is as evil as a tourture chamber..

Last edited by a moderator:
Many have speculated that those are used to hold piping, which would make sense since the area in that photograph is right behind the Hogwarts Express photo op (smoke effects).

These themed ropes and stanchions look new.  Or did I just not notice because it's often full of people?  Either way, very nice touch.

Shrek_081715_1.jpg

About a week ago, I decided to check out the updates they made to Shrek. I like the changes they made to the pre-show. The movie summary being axed makes the pre-show far more tolerable. It doesn't make sense that Donkey is in the torture chamber, but it's a mediocre attraction, so who cares? Also, I do like the enhanced lighting and sound effects. I noticed they scaled back on the water effects, which I guess is nice. The updates to it have made a mediocre attraction into a more tolerable mediocre attraction.

With Dreamsworks somewhat struggling, and Shrek being a dead franchise (I really can't see it coming back, nor has it aged well), it's hard for me to gauge how much longer this attraction will be around. 

Also, Universal has Illumination, so Shrek (or Dreamworks) is something that they don't care for.

Shrek as a franchise is pretty timeless. Even if Dreamworks wasn't planning on making more Shrek films, which they are, Shrek is still a fun fantasy franchise that appeals to the whole family.

My issue with Shrek is that the attraction is rather mediocre and not timeless. Like, the actual experience. If Shrek had a great dark ride or boat ride similar to the Madagascar ride in Singapore or something along the lines of The Little Mermaid at DCA, it'd be one of the most popular attractions in the park and stand the test of time. Universal just has an issue with execution sometimes.

Yeah, saw that a week ago. It's even cooler when it's completely dark. Really fits, and I wouldn't mind them keeping the green lights after Christmas. However, not a fan of the white lights strung on the tops of the Shrek trees, they did a sloppy job of just throwing them on top.

Well too be fair... it is supposed to be an enchanted forest/swamp that was decorated by an Ogre, Donkey and other enchanted fairytale creatures... so I can forgive the lights on the trees not being "perfectly placed". In a way, it should be a little sloppy... However, I haven't seen it in person yet, so I don't know how bad it actually looks yet haha