Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They probably going with Kung fu panda due to his popularity during Lunar New Year celebration and the amount of East Asian tourists on the West Coast.

It makes sense, and that they are starting to bring him out for Orlando also makes me convinced that UOR will eventually see something from the KFP series down in the pipeline.

Whether it's the 4D Film, or a new attraction, I think that's all in the matter if they save that for the fourth gate (as Beijing will potentially have something KFP related too).

What I am hoping to see, is that they go all in on the Chinese architecture. I also have a slight hope that they may try to extend the building out and to bring an interactive, virtual queue experience to this.

That said, I have hopes.

Something I am rather curious, is how will they mesh Chinese theming alongside Art-Deco, Brooklyn, and Hogsmeade.

I would rather see the New York portion of the Upper Lot be removed entirely. The "new" New York area should encompass SLoP and Transformers in the Lower Lot. It would be nice to see the mural of puke that is Transformers get removed for a proper theme.

Reactions: Imdbman
I would rather see the New York portion of the Upper Lot be removed entirely. The "new" New York area should encompass SLoP and Transformers in the Lower Lot. It would be nice to see the mural of puke that is Transformers get removed for a proper theme.

I'd rather see an expanded Jurassic Park area than a large New York area and would gladly take some cheapo dinosaur themed flat rides over Fallon any day of the week.

Reactions: steve
I know they won't take out WaterWorld but with the recent demo of the Cartoon Store and Shrek 4D closing, it opens up a large space for use.

I can see them add a smaller scaled down version of Diagon Alley with a much smaller Gringotts attraction. They can easily add a London facade where Shrek 4D currently sits. and then have Diagon alley extend to water world, where the show building will be for Gringotts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
I know they won't take out WaterWorld but with the recent demo of the Cartoon Store and Shrek 4D closing, it opens up a large space for use.

I can see them add a smaller scaled down version of Diagon Alley with a much smaller Gringotts attraction. They can easily add a London facade where Shrek 4D currently sits. and then have Diagon alley extend to water world, where the show building will be for Gringotts.
Nah. I don't see them getting rid of two high capacity shows for essentially one ride and a bunch of shops. If we do get it it should be on the lower lot.

Keep in mind as the park expands, WaterWorld is going to get axed eventually for more rides. They'll keep the Shrek venue for shows as they still need some show venues for the park.

Last edited:
Nah. I don't see them getting rid of two high capacity shows for esscebtually one ride and a bunch of shops. If we do get it it should be on the lower lot.

Keep in mind as the park expands, WaterWorld is going to get axed eventually for more rides. They'll keep the Shrek venue for shows as they still need some show venues for the park.

I know they won't do this, but I was just making an inference about the amount of space available.

They would not do that that considering that's exactly where the new replacement for Cartooniversal is going, rumored Animation Studio Shop / Family Center. Shrek and Waterworld are stuck in their spots.

If we lose Waterworld I am willing to bet it'll be 80% for a replacement show and they'd expand the seating area, the capacity to too good with WW.

Sadly, it looks like JP is not getting any love...no matter what Jurassic World is doing.

Waterworld is going to stay at least another 5 years. If we get Diagon Alley, it will be on the tram loading area.

I expect Shrek to only become a film rehab. The building and the seats will stay. This will be cheap to support a 2018 opening.

I expect Shrek to only become a film rehab. The building and the seats will stay. This will be cheap to support a 2018 opening.

God I really hope they at least replace the seats. They're uncomfortable, loud and jerky compared to every motion seat out there at the moment. 4DX theaters are better!

Reactions: Aaron and Freak
God I really hope they at least replace the seats. They're uncomfortable, loud and jerky compared to every motion seat out there at the moment. 4DX theaters are better!
Not to mention they allow room for more seats. The current ones, like you said, are bulky, loud, and outdated. Newer ones would allow room for more capacity.

Reactions: Ryan