Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

I would have liked the idea of Shrek building being demolished along with Cartooniversal. It almost would give a perfect footprint for a dark ride. But...we can only dream...

Oh man it would of been perfect for a great dark ride thats Forsure , I really hope the park builts couple dark rides in the near future!

"Shrek 4-D opened in 2003, replacing the Rugrats Magic Adventure 3-D attraction, and has several clones located in Universal Parks around the world – including Universal Orlando. As of now, this closure is set for Hollywood’s version only." ~ Shrek 4-D at Universal Studios Hollywood set to close with possible replacement Kung Fu Panda – Inside Universal

FYI: The Rugrats Magic Adventure was not a 3-D attraction. It was a live stage show, no 3D glasses were required to be worn to watch the show. :ears:

"
FYI: The Rugrats Magic Adventure was not a 3-D attraction. It was a live stage show, no 3D glasses were required to be worn to watch the show. :ears:

I worked Rugrats in that theater and its sad with the lack of video available out there. However, because of the black light nature of the attraction (and my job to keep the cameras off) there is not much out there beyond post show photographs.

It is really strange that they spent the money on redoing the outdoor queue for Shrek just to get rid of it so soon after. But I'm totally cool with this change. It'll look great once it's done.

I'm actually digging this new idea. I am a little disappointed we won't be getting a new ride for '18, but this will be a great change for the asthetic of the park. I love the idea of making this a flex space while keeping the Art Deco theming.

It is really strange that they spent the money on redoing the outdoor queue for Shrek just to get rid of it so soon after.

You can still see portions of the queue in the art work. It looks like that only areas that will change is the area closest to Universal Plaza and the area closest to the building.

In honor of Shrek 4-D officially closing at Universal Studios Hollywood on August 13, 2017. Thank you for the memories, Cow Missing.

Shrek 4-D Complete Preshow Attraction Video:

That's always been one of my favorite pre shows. I've seen it many many times, but it still makes me laugh & smile. :):lol:

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood...(Fred Rogers)

Did anyone get an AP "Bonus Day" for Shrek? I remember Inside Universal posting an image of the email invite on facebook awhile back, but I never got one. I only got the Bonus Day for the new Dreamworks meet-n-greet. When I inquired with the AP people, the link they gave me was the same bonus day link used for the new meet-n-greet (which of course I had already used). And whats funny is, the description up top now mentions Shrek closing.

Its odd they wouldn't unblock August 12th & 13th for passholders to be able to say goodbye to Shrek 4D one last time during its final two days of operation...

the same thing happened to me I didn't receive the one for shrek but had used it for the DreamWorks meet n greet and i found the link and put my member id and said i already had used it

Just saw Shrek for my final time to day. Glad to see it's finally ogre. I was so sick of seeing that attraction, it made me feel green.

Haha freak ! I think it made many of us sick & feel green. I'm glad shrek is closing already. now I can't wait for the new theater to be built !