Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If this happens like people are saying it will. It will easily be the best dark ride in America IMO.

Anyone know the square footage of the Shrek building plot?. I'm guessing they'll need about a one/half acre plot for Slop. Probably a one acre attraction (two stories of a half acre each).

Last edited:
Anyone know the square footage of the Shrek building plot?. I'm guessing they'll need about a one/half acre plot for Slop. Probably a one acre attraction (two stories of a half acre each).
Here is the accidental info from the SLoP thread from USH. :)

So if it's just Shrek and surrounding area without taking Mel's back of house support the area would be about 37000 sqft.

If they take the Hello Kitty store, which considering how much of a dud it's been I would expect, it'd be around 48,000 sqft.

Heres an image. Bigger than Minions, smaller than Transformers.

View attachment 5466

If they follow a similar building design to what SS28 was in Hollywood, and extending it by a slight bit, they shouldn't need to close Hello Kitty and Betty Boop.

IMO, there's a difference between "need" and "want". As far as I can tell, those shops aren't huge moneymakers for the park. You don't want shops smack dab in the front of your park that only limp along. A potential Pets project would give them the opportunity to remake that area and add more merch $ potential.

I just don't see the Hello Kitty Store surviving. The building is tucked away in a corner and generally ignored no matter what's in it.

I don't see why they wouldn't take over the Hello Kitty store and put the attraction entrance on that corner facing the park entrance...

I'm going to disagree here. Rodeo Dr is already one of the weakest areas of the entire park- namely due to little foot traffic. The traffic that typically does appear there is when you are exiting the park, rarely entering. When Nintendo comes around- it will have heavy entrance foot traffic. If the entirety of that store area became SLoP's entrance- it would not help at all with the Hollywood theme. The store is basically the only Hollywood "area" until you hit Mels and T2- which makes it pivitol in not having a dead area.

If it became SLoP's store/exit- that would also be strange, as SLoP will likely take place in New York and the facade would be themed as such.

If SLoP is just this big box, that would be upsetting. With the care and work they did on Fallon, the bathroom, and the extended building artwork (and paintings)- I don't see them throwing up a "Transformers" building for SLoP- I see a New York themed building/Apartments. That simply wouldn't work on Rodeo drive unless they are wanting to redo that entire area also.

The kitty store serves as a transition. SLoP would ruin that. That would be the biggest argument to keep it IMO.

It's a pretty piss poor one. There's no reason the SLoP building/facade can't be a transitional city scape going from vaguely NYC on one side to more west coast on the other. That'd be a better transition than a dead store with a few trees out front.
Certainly a better transition than riding a ride in New York and exiting into Hollywood...

Except you're not in New York. You're in Production Central.
So when you're riding SLoP- the setting is going to be Production Central? Could've sworn the movie took place in New York. Also interesting to hear they aren't redoing production central entirely, as has been rumored.

If SLoP were in its own area and all by itself, I'd be all for it taking over the storefront. But it isn't. It's part of an entire themed park.

I try to look at things big picture- and if you think a giant two story building looming over the entirety of Rodeo drive won't make Hollywood look crappy, then I don't know what else to say.

shrek-map-jpg.5466

If SLoP were in its own area and all by itself, I'd be all for it taking over the storefront. But it isn't. It's part of an entire themed park.

Yes, and it'd be part of a land called Production Central in said entire themed park.

I get the big picture. And I think the opportunity to make the front of the park not as boring and nondescript as it currently is offers a better opportunity for a strong transition than the current sad, under-visited shops that currently sit there.

I think that, if they wanted, they could take the kitty store as well. Have the ride entrance be on the corner facing the plaza. The exit can dump out on sunset. The building can be themed as a generic apartment building that could fit in either LA or NY. Maybe have subtle differences between the LA and NY facing sides. Done right, they could have the upper story floors have AA's from the movie in the windows. Or they could go the USH route and have people up there interacting with the crowds. They could then put the Hello Kitty shop back on the LA corner. By making the building bigger, they can have more ride area on the second story, and, probably, have enough room on the first floor for overflow queue that can be used as an HHN house.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Still think that could easily be themed to NY. Theme outside of SLOP to NY, where it takes place anyway. Do some Hollywood Studios type DM facades on DM, change the name of the Music Arena and retheme Monsters, and voila, a better entrance and the cost shouldn't be too high. Kind of Springfield level. ...Sounds like they're going to do a NYC area for SLOP in Hollywood anyway.

Fallon/Mummy is NY....SLoP is NY...Bourne could also be NY....Mel's is NY.....MiB takes place in NY....MoM takes after Fantastic Beasts which is NY...

NY Studios rebrand? :stun: