Shrek 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 5

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

Voiceover recording has apparently begun already for Shrek 5; as it is seemingly going to be released next year. There has been leaked bits in the past indicating Shrek 5 is infact 2025.

Excited to see how they handle a relaunched Shrek for a modern age. I especially hope they take more direct jabs at the Disney princesses, the most they can do without Disney suing them.

Very interesting that Antonio Banderas wasn't part of the cast list. Could be a sign they want to keep Puss in his own films for the time being?

It'd be silly to not lean into PiB2 with this. I really hope the animation style and vibe from that film transfers over. It would be a wonderful way to modernize the franchise in a way that is already proven with The Last Wish. The parks already seem to be leaning that direction with how prominent Mama Luna's sanctuary from PiB2 is next to Shrek's Swamp and King Harold's memorial.

I also think it's pretty fun that they tease Shrek 5 not with the main orchestral theme, or with any specific character or location, but with Smash Mouth's All Star. It's kinda interesting to see just how much the past decade of ironic memes have infected the cultural impact of Shrek as a franchise.

Reactions: TheUniC6