Single Riders - How do they Work? | Inside Universal Forums

Single Riders - How do they Work?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 15, 2013
Lincoln, England.
Hi all,

So this April I'm off back to Florida for a holiday with Mum & Dad. I've only ever been with all 4 of us (Me, Mum, Dad and older Brother) but this time it's just the 3 of us. They will be doing all the Disney Parks too, which I'm not interested in doing. I have done them on previous Holidays, and it's not my cup of tea to be honest. So what I've said is when they are out at Disney (or what ever park on that day) I'll head over to USF on my own and spend the day there.

I've never done the single rider line for anything before, so I'm just curious to how it works? Do I need some sort of pass or something? I know there maybe isn't anything to it, but as I've never done it before, and it would be nice to have some info about it! :look:

Thanks for the help guys, I just don't want to make a fool of myself! haha :p

Cheers. :smiley:

You just get into the line understanding that you may/will be separated from anyone in the single line with you. No passes required. And even if you are separated from friends... it is only for 3-15 minutes at the most.

Remember that most single-rider queues go through a different path, so you won't see some (or all) of the regular queue. If you're interested in checking out the queue theming, you might wanna keep this in mind.

I always recommend doing the regular queues at least once, and then re-rides on single riders to save a LOT of time :thumbs:

USF from my experience
Despicable Me has a single rider line sometimes. If open it saves a ton of time.
HRRR has a single rider but sometimes it's just as long as the regular line.
Mummy has a single rider and it saves a lot of time.
MiB has a single rider line that is amazing in the amount of time it saves you. You miss some really cool queue parts though.

IoA
Hulk has a single rider, though I always wait the extra time to be guaranteed the front row.
Spider Man has a single rider line when busy enough but if too busy also gets closed off if the line is full.
I think I've seen Dudley have a single rider line once. I don't ride it often.
Popeyes (i think)and JP lack single rider options.
Forbidden Journey has a single riders. At the lockers you take a left vice going straight. Bear in mind this is easily the coolest queue you would be missing. Ask about the castle tour line to see it.
I don't believe any Seuss stuff has single riders.

Have fun man!

Wow thanks for the info frenzy!

About the queue for FJ, I may not even use the single rider as I think it might takes a few walk-throughs to see everything in the main queue.

IoA
Hulk has a single rider, though I always wait the extra time to be guaranteed the front row.

Funny story... My friend and I went to Uni during December when it was PACKED and Hulk had like a two hour wait. At first the single-riders was closed, so we lined up for a good twenty minutes in the stand-by queue. But then they opened it and we switched to single riders. Well, after waiting another while in that queue, we get to the loading platform and what do you know, they had two groups of VIP tour people and she got to ride freaking front row with one of the groups! And I got last row... :'( (I mean, I love last row too, but there's nothing like front...) She was lucky :lol:

About the queue for FJ, I may not even use the single rider as I think it might takes a few walk-throughs to see everything in the main queue.
Forbidden Journey has a single riders. At the lockers you take a left vice going straight. Bear in mind this is easily the coolest queue you would be missing. Ask about the castle tour line to see it.

If you're going to want to see this queue in detail and get lots of pics, I DEFINITELY recommend you do both the Tour of the Castle, as suggested, and also the stand-by queue. The Tour queue takes you through a separate staircase with paintings, and then you join the stand-by queue to see some of the rooms towards the end the queue. The great thing about the Tour queue is that you're in your own space and can observe as long, and take as many pics, as you want. But then again, you're also missing many rooms from the stand-by queue, so you should also do that, and you can always let people pass you as you explore and take pics. Especially in the dungeons, I like to move over to the other unused queues there to take pics of the Mirror of Erised, the Statue of the One-Eyed Witch, etc...

Good luck, and have a lot of fun!!

Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

I think generally I will use the normal queue on everything at least once, (to remind myself what they are like) then use the Single Rider line.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

I think generally I will use the normal queue on everything at least once, (to remind myself what they are like) then use the Single Rider line.

You won't regret it! My friends and I used the Single Riders line this past Sunday for Spiderman. The regular line was at 45 minutes and we waited less than 5. We even rode in the same car.

Don't forget the single riders line is a great place to meet a single man/woman.
Use your best line :rofl:
"I can't help but notice you are a single rider..."

Don't forget the single riders line is a great place to meet a single man/woman.
Use your best line :rofl:
"I can't help but notice you are a single rider..."

Too funny! HAHAHA.:lol: But sadly, it's difficult to run into a LIGIT single rider, I think. Like pretty much everyone in the single riders line was with at least one other person the last few times I used it.

You won't regret it! My friends and I used the Single Riders line this past Sunday for Spiderman. The regular line was at 45 minutes and we waited less than 5. We even rode in the same car.

Spider-man was hit and miss for me this weekend. Sometimes it took 5 minutes sometimes it took 25 minutes (if the line stretched to the entrance anyway.) It was still about half the time or less than the wait time.

Harry Potter on the other hand..that line just didn't move at all. One time I was able to walk right up in single rider, but the two other times I tried the line was long (one time it even went down the stairs to the entrance where the lockers are and I just walked away) but they would move up about 10 people, then you stand there and wait for 15 minutes. Then they move up 10 more people and line doesn't move again for 15 minutes. It was terrible. Ended up waiting about 75 minutes the last time in the regular queue because that line at least keeps moving even if it is very long.

Single rider is great for Mummy and MIB. Really is about half the wait time at the most, and MIB I was able to walk right on up twice while the wait time was about 60 minutes. So in conclusion single rider is awesome for the most part if you don't care about sitting with your party and just want to make the most of your time.

Spider-man was hit and miss for me this weekend. Sometimes it took 5 minutes sometimes it took 25 minutes (if the line stretched to the entrance anyway.) It was still about half the time or less than the wait time.

Harry Potter on the other hand..that line just didn't move at all. One time I was able to walk right up in single rider, but the two other times I tried the line was long (one time it even went down the stairs to the entrance where the lockers are and I just walked away) but they would move up about 10 people, then you stand there and wait for 15 minutes. Then they move up 10 more people and line doesn't move again for 15 minutes. It was terrible. Ended up waiting about 75 minutes the last time in the regular queue because that line at least keeps moving even if it is very long.

Single rider is great for Mummy and MIB. Really is about half the wait time at the most, and MIB I was able to walk right on up twice while the wait time was about 60 minutes. So in conclusion single rider is awesome for the most part if you don't care about sitting with your party and just want to make the most of your time.

Usually it depends on the grouper and how anal they are on actually taking 1 single rider. A lot of times there will be a party of 2 and the grouper will take 2 single riders and some groupers will try and find another party of 2 in the regular line. It's hit or miss really.

You did Potter, too!! Okay, so I agree with you there. Forbidden Journey was a bit slow for single riders. I've done Mummy for single riders as well and it's always a walk-on. At most 10 minute wait. For MIB, I don't do it because that's the type of ride that I care about ridding with the people in my party. It's too risky (counting on playing against your own party members) More fun beating them with a high score as opposed to strangers haha!

Single Riders lines aren't express passes. They are time savers, but the point of it is to fill gaps. If the line is 90 for regular, it'll still be 30 for singles.