Six Flags and Cedar Fair to Merge | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags and Cedar Fair to Merge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So to put things into perspective, someone made a Six Flags and Cedar Fair Merger Map.
image.png

Red = Six Flags
Blue = Cedar Fair

Not a fan of this merger for the same reason I wasn't a fan of the attempted SWP-CF merger. There's no way this plays out that doesn't result in parks being shuttered, especially parks like Michigan's Adventure that are the only theme park in the region. I'm not intimately familiar with the financial health of the two companies, but I wasn't under the impression either one was in great shape, and them merging together is unlikely to fix that--just ask Kmart and Sears. What's worse, now if the company goes under it'll take down the SF and the CF parks with it.

That said, I wouldn't mind having a single annual pass that's good for 42 parks lol.

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels is easily a contender for most confusing layout in a theme park.

Looking at some of these parks either company has, yeah, I'm not exactly sure where some of these parks like Frontier City or Darien Lake fit into the future. How many of these parks is the company going to want to operate when some parks likely won't grow and maintenance costs will only increase as rides age?

Last edited:
I hope it works out but....I'm not a fan of mergers at this point.

I think we need to be shrinking companies not combining more
That's all great and good when money is cheap and easy to get. That's no the case anymore. It's expensive, if you can get it in a tightening credit market as banks are stressed as is.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's all great and good when money is cheap and easy to get. That's no the case anymore. It's expensive, if you can get it in a tightening credit market as banks are stressed as is.
The system is suppose to be

You make a Product/service and if your Product/service makes profits then it continues on if not you fail and the public is saying they don't care for what you are selling, your product cost too much etc.

This system now rewards companies from instead of innovating they just merge and become too big to fail and get a bail out when it's the leadership being unable to turn a profit

I'm just not a fan if Six Flags can't keep people coming in its on them, I used to go but the amount of rides down when ever I went along with bad ops where lines were insanely long made me lose interest (along with many area's of the park being ugly and not kept well)

Paramount has no interest in running parks again.

I honestly see no anti-trust issues with the parks they have. The ones with overlap also have outside competition. They may decide to sell some off to raise cash and reduce debts, but that may only be a couple of smaller parks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The Department of Justice has asked for additional information regarding the merger:

Reactions: GA-MBIT