Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 17, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA
It's still early, but horror never sleeps & we do have a rough time frame for this year's...

EVENT DATES: SEPTEMBER 6th - NOVEMBER 3rd
1000010726.jpg

While it makes sense to spread out the Scream Break crowds as far as the two houses go, I had a speculative thought cross my brain.

Unlike last year's Scream Break debut, "VAULT 666" is not being used. My theory is, it will be replaced for this year's Fright Fest event. If so, they're currently gutting it. Thoughts?

On the hauntline, it was predicted maybe Vault will be exchanged for a retired Scary Farm maze. Six Flags needs to take advantage of this.

• Wow
Reactions: Wesker69
I guess that would make sense due to the Cedar Fair merger... although I'm not a fan of the "house swap" gimmick the parks like to play. They're designed for a specific space, so that'll be interesting if true.

It may very well happen this year. FF wants more IPs so this may be there headliner announcement at MSS.
I hope so, really I got the pass for Halloween, Christmas and the Summer event and sounds like they are stepping up their games in two of these events (at least for me)

If they somehow bring Nightmare, Saw and another IP then for sure will look into a season pass for the haunt event (if they sell those)

Eh I wouldn't say people "liked" Saw. I saw a lot of videos/tweets of people who were disappointed and didn't like it at all. Though there were more than a few people who think it was decent so I guess it was just very mixed reviews lmao
Fright fest in some ways is so hard to judge

If you have an AP, the event is like 70 bucks with a fast pass...while thats the price to go to Knotts or Universal with a general ticket

But the Ops for Fright fest can really suck, so even if its cheap some don't care they rather pay more for better ops and better houses.

If you have an AP, the event is like 70 bucks with a fast pass...while thats the price to go to Knotts or Universal with a general ticket

But the Ops for Fright fest can really suck, so even if its cheap some don't care they rather pay more for better ops and better houses.
Honestly this is basically how I feel about going to Magic Mountain at all. It's a great deal! So much is included with the pass! And then I go one time and remember why I haven't been in five years.

Honestly this is basically how I feel about going to Magic Mountain at all. It's a great deal! So much is included with the pass! And then I go one time and remember why I haven't been in five years.
I let my pass expire after covid....and now going back....I mean for now I'm just walking the park because the Ops many times just stresses me out...like when the park is empty an hour before closing on a school day and you still have lines that at disneyland/universal would be walk ons....but here its a line because many times it takes forever for them to load people

Anyway, I'll still go to Fright fest and just get a front of the line pass once and then maybe stop by after work some others times to walk around the scare zeones and watch whatever shows they have but yeah Six Flags to me, is I place I want to like but they go out of their way to make everything not work like it should. I really hopes the Knotts Merger helps but....Knotts also doesn't have the best Ops at times...so I dont know maybe this is just how it is until they go out of business

Reactions: Jake S

Biggest issue with FF is you don’t getta bang for your buck. Ideally, they should charge $60 and $10-$20 for parking. Obviously, that won’t happen. Scare actors need to perform better. If you’re going to present 8 mazes, use a 4/4 split between IPs and originals. Make 2/4 IPs BIG. They’re lazy overall as a theme park and have gotten away with it. Hopefully, they will have all mazes ready this year from the beginning.
But didn't people like Saw? So Six Flags....per normal is a hit or miss?
SAW X is a solid maze as long as you don’t compare it to the version at HHN. I liked the Scream Break version as well which is similar. The Conjuring was a BIG miss. The second half of the maze fell flat completely. At least with a potential NOES, you are guaranteed a lot of Freddy. Scare actors needa be coached and positioned better for jump scares.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Biggest issue with FF is you don’t getta bang for your buck. Ideally, they should charge $60 and $10-$20 for parking. Obviously, that won’t happen. Scare actors need to perform better. If you’re going to present 8 mazes, use a 4/4 split between IPs and originals. Make 2/4 IPs BIG. They’re lazy overall as a theme park and have gotten away with it. Hopefully, they will have all mazes ready this year from the beginning.

SAW X is a solid maze as long as you don’t compare it to the version at HHN. I liked the Scream Break version as well which is similar. The Conjuring was a BIG miss. The second half of the maze fell flat completely. At least with a potential NOES, you are guaranteed a lot of Freddy. Scare actors needa be coached and positioned better for jump scares.
Well depends on if your an AP or not

I don't pay for parking or a ticket to get in....so 60 bucks to walk on 8 houses (and i normally do them twice if I can skip the line) to me thats a pretty good value and I get 8 hours, no lines and can do them twice for 60-80 bucks thats a great value to me at least

Well depends on if your an AP or not

I don't pay for parking or a ticket to get in....so 60 bucks to walk on 8 houses (and i normally do them twice if I can skip the line) to me thats a pretty good value and I get 8 hours, no lines and can do them twice for 60-80 bucks thats a great value to me at least
Yea, for AP, I understand that situation is good. No AP is pretty much a rip-off. I think it should start at $60 no matter what because they lack quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon