Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I genuinely feel for the creative / production teams handed such a challenging task. We'll see what they end up scraping together for opening night, but I hope that lessons are learned from this as we head into 2025.

Edit to add: They've got until Sept. 7. Tickets for opening night go for $99 if you don't have a season pass. If you do have a season pass, the haunted attraction pass is going for $50. View attachment 22804

Knott's Scary Farm inexplicably opens 12 days later (Sept. 19) and charges $60 for admission. I have no idea what Six Flags is thinking here.
What really boggles me is this is just such a massive unforced error. Those licenses are such a slam dunk; they can easily charge that price for all of them IF they had 11 really solid (not even top tier) mazes based on those licensed properties that were done ON TIME. I'd even say the asking price is a great deal and certainly could rival with anything HHN has done recently in the IP department.

They also would have a really decent opportunity here to soak up some of the traffic before Knott's opens, or even contend with the undisputed heavyweight HHN with those names. Imagine if they spend a ton of money on really high quality mazes (which could be amortized over a few years), and really knocked it out of the park in terms of experience. Add in some advertising and influencer coverage, and you might just have the next big Halloween thing from out of nowhere. Is it a huge capital investment? Sure. Would that be risky? Absolutely. But the park is hard to get to and you need a draw. It is so weird to spend all that money on increasingly expensive and difficult to obtain IPs just to waste the opportunity on a beta test that people may not return to.

We literally WANT Six Flags to succeed but they really like to get in their own way. As you said, I feel for the creative team.