1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Six Flags Great Adventure

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by cwgator, Aug 31, 2017.

1. cwgator

cwgator Member

New for 2018: CYBORG Cyber Spin!
    SFGAd New 2018 | Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world’s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG in 2018. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA,” said Park President Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Great Adventure is home to an unparalleled collection of record-breaking attractions and we are excited to be adding CYBORG Cyber Spin, the first of its kind in North America. Like the Super Hero CYBORG of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, this futuristic, hi-tech ride will be unlike anything our guests have ever seen or experienced before and it is the perfect new thrill ride to expand our new Metropolis section.”

CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night—this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:

· Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;
    · Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;
    · Dazzling nighttime light display; and
    · Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.

CYBORG Cyber Spin is expected to debut in late spring of 2018.

cyborgcyberspin1.JPG
    cyborgcyberspin1.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  2. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

Rode Cyborg for the first time today (twice) and really enjoyed it! Definitely a different experience than the Twister, and not as nauseating, imo. It rotates slow enough that I don't feel sick (but I did get a little dizzy lol).

Justice League could be in better shape. They finally fixed the smoke at the start and had on-board lighting I'd never seen before, but a bunch of major effects weren't working.

Park was the quietest I've seen it in a while; never waited more than 5 minutes for anything.

Walking around the park today, I was once again struck by the fact that the park has so much potential. But lack of care, money, and staffing is always holding it back. And for pete's sake can we do anything about six flags entertainment? It's its own brand of unwatchable :lol:

3. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

People seem to love or hate Cyborg, but it also seems to run inconsistent ride cycles, with some people getting a "wild" ride and others getting a "mild" one.

They posted this teaser for next year:
    "New Attraction Announcement – August 30

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, super-sized attraction for 2019 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2019."

Sounds to me like they're getting a larger version of the thing SFMM just got... :shrug:

4. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

Interesting. The two cycles I had today seemed consistent, but I sat at 2 very different spots in the row, so the experience was definitely different, just not necessarily more or less intense. Even my mom enjoyed herself, though she doesn't like Twister or the Joker.

If it is a Crazanity clone (god I hate that name lol), I expect it to be the same height so they can share the record. They did the same thing with Lex Luthor/Zumanjaro. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what we're getting, just curious as to where they'd put it. Maybe down on the lakefront where the grandstands use to be?

Anyway, I'm just waiting for our RMC. I swear every other park is getting one before we do, and having El Toro is no excuse to deprive us :lol:.

5. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Rookie

I actually got to ride it twice about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea what cycle it was on. I found it fun, but relatively mild. It's more of a visual spectacle (even when you're on it) rather than a physical one.

It reminded me of a very, very mild and much slower Tango. Emphasis on the mild, mild, and slow. And not as high up, either, of course.