Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

It sucks the parks were getting packed and then COVID sure they would want to do more butttt doubt much more than some extra coupons for APs

1) The tower is not a protected landmark. It is a landmark by definition, but not protected.
2) It could still work with a swing ride. The ride would have to be programmed to start swinging after it rises above Tatsu and to stop before it gets to the ride on the way down. I don't know the distance between the track and the tower.
3) The loading platform could be built above the track so it never comes in close to the ride.

The tower is really close to the lift hill I don’t see it happening.
SmRyAK4.jpg

1) The tower is not a protected landmark. It is a landmark by definition, but not protected.
2) It could still work with a swing ride. The ride would have to be programmed to start swinging after it rises above Tatsu and to stop before it gets to the ride on the way down. I don't know the distance between the track and the tower.
3) The loading platform could be built above the track so it never comes in close to the ride.

It was also going to be one again for the 50th in the original long term plans. But the elevator costs were just not worth it for SFMM, nor was the effort to build an entirely new kitchen at the base of the tower. I think this thing is leaving.

It was also going to be one again for the 50th in the original long term plans. But the elevator costs were just not worth it for SFMM, nor was the effort to build an entirely new kitchen at the base of the tower. I think this thing is leaving.

It's why I have to assume that once the decision is made, it will be publicly stated and given the time before they begin disassembling the tower. I partly wonder if they could skylift portions of the observatory, and take portions out little by little. Atleast until the tower gets below the banked drop of Tatsu.

I do think if they do a wise card, they add a new observation tower in the vein of Sky Tower from SeaWorld, a free standing gondola lift that rotates without any semblance of fear. It'd allow the park to continue having a version of the icon, while at the same time allowing them to safely operate it without the worry of technical costs.

Wouldn't they be grandfathered in? Can't expect a structure to live up to codes that didn't exist when it was first built.

Also, I always thought it was more about the reliability of the elevators. Didn't they break down a lot?

I just hope these new home owners remember who was here first...MM has been around for over 50 years and don't want them having issues with new rides or anything from people making homes now.

Im
Pretty sure it will be in the disclosures. Even in Saugus and surrounding areas they still say the speedway is in Soledad.