Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not gonna lie, I don't understand why thoosies are so insistent on a B&M giga coming to Magic Mountain. It kinda feels like the boring safe option to me compared to something like an Axis, a Vekoma Tilt, or anything from Intamin/Mack (imagine California Hyperia or Voltron).

I'm just trying to get some confirmation on what's going on with SFMM and Mexico. I'm assuming they are now 2026 projects, but I also have a hard time believing the company has decided to sit out next year in the West, especially with the aggressive SP drive coming up. Hopefully we'll get some confirmation in the next few days. There are no leaks around the park at all. Even the managers are in the dark ; )

Reactions: chris.g
For what it's worth--I never said the Golden Bear project was a giga.

I'm just trying to get some confirmation on what's going on with SFMM and Mexico. I'm assuming they are now 2026 projects, but I also have a hard time believing the company has decided to sit out next year in the West, especially with the aggressive SP drive coming up. Hopefully we'll get some confirmation in the next few days. There are no leaks around the park at all. Even the managers are in the dark ; )

Only thing I am wondering about (Talked with someone on it), I wonder if Mexico might be delayed as they may of had their Tilt project intended for a place that will now be environmentally safe from deforestation.

Weird element I know, but it could explain why we might not be hearing elements for that until they get a new location settled. Also, via @ethanuniversal the Geotechnical Study will be on September 6th for the sake of SFMM.

Reactions: Southerncoasterer
So...

2025 will see lots of park improvements.

Hurricane Harbor is getting beautified. Lots of paint, shading, new theming and food. When the Cedar Fair exects visited the park last month, they were most impressed by the potential of HH. Lots of money will be thrown here.

The dry park is focusing on major changes to capacity and appearance. Maximum trains, better uptime, more transparency when an attraction is down. New signage everywhere and shading to help with summer heat.

Focus will be on presentation and cleanliness. No more dirty park!

So...

Hurricane Harbor is getting beautified. Lots of paint, shading, new theming and food. When the Cedar Fair exects visited the park last month, they were most impressed by the potential of HH. Lots of money will be thrown here.

The dry park is focusing on major changes to capacity and appearance. Maximum trains, better uptime, more transparency when an attraction is down. New signage everywhere and shading to help with summer heat.

That right there is better than any new coaster imo

So...

Sounds like the merger is only going to do wonders for SFMM.

So...

Okay this is a massive W. SFMM has a great coaster lineup but the worst operations I've ever seen in an amusement park. Half the park was closed when I visited with no heads up or reason why, including major attractions like Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, West Coast Racers, and Superman. I legit felt cheated by the park and left early lol

Okay this is a massive W. SFMM has a great coaster lineup but the worst operations I've ever seen in an amusement park. Half the park was closed when I visited with no heads up or reason why, including major attractions like Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, West Coast Racers, and Superman. I legit felt cheated by the park and left early lol
Operations are generally bad at SFMM but I don’t recall visiting when THAT many rides were down. Last time that happened to me was years ago during a heatwave the rides shut down because they were overheated.

I am truly sorry.

Operations are generally bad at SFMM but I don’t recall visiting when THAT many rides were down. Last time that happened to me was years ago during a heatwave the rides shut down because they were overheated.

I am truly sorry.
This was a weekday in March back in 2022. I wouldn't blame them for having rides closed on a weekday, that's standard. But that much was ridiculous. There wasn't any signage either.

The rides that were closed off the top of my head were Superman, Tatsu, West Coast Racers, Twisted Colossus, Scream, Batman (understandable because of Wonder Woman construction), Viper, and maybe Goliath because I never saw it running but I didn't walk by the entrance. I got on Full Throttle, X2, Revolution, and Riddlers Revenge and that was it.