Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I mean, for the past two tenures that Six Flags has done, they have added a new coaster to Magic Mountain. Plus, there have always been the one rumor or two of Six Flags wanting to invest heavily on 2021 for Magic Mountain.

2001 - X, Deja Vu, Golitath Jr.
2011 - Escape from Krypton, Road Runner, Green Lantern

....still, this is Six Flags we're talking about. Ya kbow, the company that hasn't opened a B&M or Intamin in a decade, and the company who has made a killing off of super loops and free spins?

A giga isn't happening until Six Flags goes under new management.

....still, this is Six Flags we're talking about. Ya kbow, the company that hasn't opened a B&M or Intamin in a decade, and the company who has made a killing off of super loops and free spins?

A giga isn't happening until Six Flags goes under new management.

I don’t think it would even happen under completely new management. Because they have figured out that they don’t need to spend that much to get people to come. I think the closest SFMM would ever get to a giga would be a taller version of Maxx Force.

So I got to get two rides on WCR yesterday. Less than a ten minute wait on both runs.

Its a fun ride but I’m not really getting why it’s being praised so much?

I think you answered your own question. It’s a fun ride, something SFMM needed. Not everyone wants intense forces and this ride does something different. It’s focus is to be fun. The way Ninja is fun, or Apocalypse, without being too intense for people who like milder forces. It’s kinda of a breath of fresh air honestly.

As for the airtime, I wish there was more, but Premier Rides isn’t really known for that. It’ll be interesting to see if they finally break that streak with their other family thrill coaster Ice Breaker.

So for us bigger or weirder shaped riders, how did the collars turn out for us? I had asked this before we knew what was really going on and knowing the collars clip to the lap bar that's where I get nervous. I can't ride riddler or batman for these reasons and I need the big seats for scream. I can fit all other rides depending on my inflammation rate. (I swell alot due to health issues.) I have no issues with Tatsu's collars.

So for us bigger or weirder shaped riders, how did the collars turn out for us? I had asked this before we knew what was really going on and knowing the collars clip to the lap bar that's where I get nervous. I can't ride riddler or batman for these reasons and I need the big seats for scream. I can fit all other rides depending on my inflammation rate. (I swell alot due to health issues.) I have no issues with Tatsu's collars.

The collars are really loose fitting. I am 6'4, and the top of my shoulders don't even touch the comfort collars except during some airtime, so you should be okay.

So anyone attend the media day? It looks like many improvements have been made, and I'm curious to know what most of them are... especially how the "pit stop" has changed (I did hear it improved, but haven't heard any specifics).

So anyone attend the media day? It looks like many improvements have been made, and I'm curious to know what most of them are... especially how the "pit stop" has changed (I did hear it improved, but haven't heard any specifics).
Hoping to get some rides in next week. I'm not expecting much from the pitstop. Hopefully it's better.

Yikes

Six Flags Plunges to Five-Year Low on Warning Over China Parks

Six Flags Entertainment Corp. fell as much as 19%, the stock’s worst loss ever, after warning that troubles with its planned China theme parks will hurt revenue -- and could lead to all of the projects being canceled.

The stock tumbled as low as $35.28 in New York trading Friday, its lowest intraday level since October 2014.

Six Flags said its Chinese development partner, Riverside Investment Group, “continues to face severe challenges due to the macroeconomic environment and the declining real estate market in China” and had defaulted on required payments to Six Flags. Riverside didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

The domestic market provided Six Flags no respite. The Grand Prairie, Texas-based company said attendance at its North American parks fell “due to softer than expected season pass and membership sales, primarily during the holiday sales periods.” That probably reduced fourth-quarter revenue by $8 million to $10 million compared with the year-earlier period, Six Flags said.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It’s better than Tidal Wave for sure but I don’t think a water type ride is a good investment for this park. The current water rides here are only open 5-6 months out of the year. A custom RMC raptor would be nice!

That's not really a deterant. Most parks across the country only have an operatining caledar for 5-6 months out of the entire year, and still have water rides.

Plus, one would hope if this were a new attraction, they'd possibly keep it open longer. I figure the main reason the current water rides go down for so long is they're frankly just super old (I mean, the Jet Stream opened in 1972, and Roaring Rapids in 1982 as only the 2nd of it's kind ever built), and are trying to reduce wear, tear, and costs to keep them operational longer.

83721461_3254801777868159_7840671096171921408_n.jpg

Here's the Power Splash, but these things have to be ordered in advanced so I'm *hoping* it's a regular Power Splash for this year.

You know what I just randomly realized today? Full Throttle could've easily gone where Jet Stream is. Had they have gone with demoing JS instead of Log Jammer, Full Throttle's placement would've fit perfectly in the Underground's theming for racing. We also would've kept what was once one of the nicest-looking areas of the park and not end up with the concrete slab like we have now. What a travesty.