Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What planet are we on?
Roller Coaster Fun GIF

More specifically...
1000009599.jpg

I was just there today... a few updates (which you can see on my Bluesky: Rideguy70 (@rideguy70.bsky.social))
  • Magic Mover and Ninja were open!
  • I didn't ride much, but I did observe that Ninja, Wonder Woman, and Revolution all had single train ops, and TC was only running 2 trains
  • The candy shop at the front of the park (next to the funnel cakes) has closed and been moved into the nearby Looney Tunes store
  • The Saw X maze was being worked on
  • About 1/2 of the 2nd parking lot has the solar panels up
  • Members who have refill mugs are being forced to either get the metal tumbler or a seasonal mug
  • Basically, aside from Superman, X2, and the water rides, everything was open

Maybe part of the monorail track will find its way across the park & end up in the "boneyard" that is the "Aftermath: Chaos Rising" house.

I wandered through that area twice during a slow work day & there is a lot of park history: former ride signs, Batman stunt show set pieces, deja vu towers, etc..

Thinking of heading to the park for the first time in years next month. Have yet to ride WCR and WW but how’s Apocalypse these days?

Thinking of heading to the park for the first time in years next month. Have yet to ride WCR and WW but how’s Apocalypse these days?
I last rode it during Fright Fest and it was running great. I think it got extensive work in 2023. Although I'll admit I tend to rate it higher than most; I love a crazy relentless GCI. The queue was also refreshed a bit, with screens actually working and some spooky lighting. Likely won't have a long wait, it rarely does

Reactions: chris.g
I think the issue with apocalypse is the trains somehow.

I’m obsessed with Woodies, Ghostrider is my #1, and I LOVE Gold Striker up north and the Santa Cruz giant dipper.

Used to LOVE apocalypse but on my last 5 rides in the past like 18 months it’s fallen down like 45 spots in my top 100 and is by far the most uncomfortable coaster ever. It might the my height but even tho it has the same trains and restraints as Gold and Ghost, the latter I ride every month and have never been uncomfortable once since 2016! .but the lap bar on Apoc straight up Stabs to me so hard in the stomach and shakes the whole time that I’m begging for the ride to end. So much pain

Its like the only ride I compain about for being rough (minus outside x2 seats) as I love rough rides haha I’m a hands up
Matterhorn every ride kinda guy and yet this knocks me out now.

It’s … not great. First drop and final turn around (where most of the work was done) are good. The rest is still bumpy as hell.

Ride it now while you can. I hear it’s is going down yet again for a major retrack by the end of summer, or perhaps even before.

This ride needs the Ghostrider treatment, but that ain’t cheap!

Reactions: Freak and JaySalahi
I have an unhealthy love for Apocalypse... (and X2)

I never found it to be too rough, but then again when you've had your brains scrambled by (original) Mean Streak at Cedar Point & Manhattan Express in Vegas, everything else has to try harder lol

I wish they'd bring back the fire & fog from the old Salvation days. Make it extra apocalyptic!

I rode Apocalypse after the retrack and I found the layout to be comfortable. People really oversell the roughness (or I could have gotten lucky)

Reactions: Wesker69