Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something interesting I've heard (kind of echoing what's been said) is that this project is supposedly the park's largest single investment since Tatsu and the hope is it will be a turning point for how the park/ chain wants to proceed with its marketability; making SFMM a landmark once again by the time the Olympics come.

Found it interesting based on the fact that while Tatsu was undergoing media tours waaaaaay back when, I believe it was Thurman(?) who said the chain was never going to invest in a project as big as Tatsu ever again. Of course, leadership, and agendas have changed... and the SF/ CF merger is still pending but if true...

it could *finally* be what locals have been waiting for as far as being a true rival (or in this case sibling) to Cedar Point in terms of not just roster but presentation as well.

We'll see I guess.

They don't plan on getting rid of Viper, and sadly when it comes to SFMM, since when has it mattered where anything's a better fit. I mean, look at Wonder Woman's location lol.

Reactions: Freak
Unfortunately a big shiny new coaster isn't going to change the park. The park needs a full overhaul from maintenance, refurbishment, repaint, relocation, etc..

While the solar panels are a good starting point, they dropped the ball with not building a parking garage with a designated Tram pick-up/drop-off. Backstage needs to be bulldozed & rebuilt. Proper storage warehouse for event props/decor. The park just seriously needs A LOT of work (and shade/misting fans).

Unfortunately a big shiny new coaster isn't going to change the park. The park needs a full overhaul from maintenance, refurbishment, repaint, relocation, etc..

While the solar panels are a good starting point, they dropped the ball with not building a parking garage with a designated Tram pick-up/drop-off. Backstage needs to be bulldozed & rebuilt. Proper storage warehouse for event props/decor. The park just seriously needs A LOT of work (and shade/misting fans).
Eh. Parking garage while nice are obscenely expensive. And thats not counting all the extra red tape given we are in CA (referring to earthquake standards etc)

True. I just hate the excessive amount of wasted land they have. Even the dirt-covered overflow lots that tend to get used for incoming track storage before installation

And that backstage area between Batman & Scream is just awful lol

Something interesting I've heard (kind of echoing what's been said) is that this project is supposedly the park's largest single investment since Tatsu and the hope is it will be a turning point for how the park/ chain wants to proceed with its marketability; making SFMM a landmark once again by the time the Olympics come.

Found it interesting based on the fact that while Tatsu was undergoing media tours waaaaaay back when, I believe it was Thurman(?) who said the chain was never going to invest in a project as big as Tatsu ever again. Of course, leadership, and agendas have changed... and the SF/ CF merger is still pending but if true...

it could *finally* be what locals have been waiting for as far as being a true rival (or in this case sibling) to Cedar Point in terms of not just roster but presentation as well.

We'll see I guess.

Agreed. WCR and Wonder Woman were greenlit to draw in locals, that’s why they ultimately never moved the needle. They weren’t meant to. They were meant to draw from locals, and help push/maintain membership sales. And then the pandemic happened, and the company could no longer rely that old system.

I think this new project is supposed to be farther reaching(drawing from the entire state as well as bordering states) and I agree, re establish SFMM as the leader in thrills. I’ve heard to expect a Dr. Diabolical level presentation. I still don’t think it’s enough to go up against Universal, but at least there will be an SF level attempt lol

Last edited:
Agreed. WCR and Wonder Woman were greenlit to draw in locals, that’s why they ultimately never moved the needle. They weren’t meant to. They were meant to draw from locals, and help push/maintain membership sales. And then the pandemic happened, and the company could no longer rely that old system.

I think this new project is supposed to be farther reaching(drawing from the entire state as well as bordering states) and I agree, re establish SFMM as the leader in thrills. I’ve heard to expect a Dr. Diabolical level presentation. I still don’t think it’s enough to go up against Universal, but at least there will be an SF level attempt lol
By presentation, do you mean how they will advertise/promote the ride? Or how the ride will be?