Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some may find it interesting that an entire section of mesh and scaffolding has gone up on the farthest section of the building to the right. It's only interesting to me due to the fact that there's a gap between the existing facade work and the new section. Covering something up perhaps?

This has probably already been posted but it was new to me. I'm selfish like that. I was playing around with Google Maps tonight and noticed an updated aerial that shows the Kong building. I looked at this earlier today and it wasn't updated. I got on the site tonight to show DW where the new hotel and waterpark were located. Anyway.

Plus if they were gunna demo it they coulda used the land and maybe build a kong store and built a bigger land.

But keeping it at least keeps the JP theming as u walk towards kong. And from that side it will just look like rocks behind

I have a question, with all the talks of how terrifying this ride is, do you all think there is a possibility these effects might change in the future to accommodate more people and make it more family friendly?

I have a question, with all the talks of how terrifying this ride is, do you all think there is a possibility these effects might change in the future to accommodate more people and make it more family friendly?

I doubt it. 20 years ago Jaws was pretty scary for a theme park attraction and it did not have a height requirement. Nearly 50 years ago Pirates of the Carribbean was pretty intense and scary for a theme park attraction and no height requirement either.

Has anyone heard any details on the Jeep "driver"/guide? Do we have any insiders confirming that there will be spieling and acting from them? Or are they not a part of the show?

^ very true but people are talking like this is the scariest theme park attraction ever made. Stuff like this is usually inevitable for changes like Snow White and such

^ very true but people are talking like this is the scariest theme park attraction ever made. Stuff like this is usually inevitable for changes like Snow White and such

This isn't Disney...unless they cause ride issues or health problems they aren't going to tame down a ride.

Thanks for the photos awhen.

I'm surprised no one has posted the pics which surfaced on Twitter from the media preview earlier - didn't show much, but it's something at least! Do we know if they are from the actual ride interior or if they were just a mock-up? There seems to be little news on how far along the inside set building / decoration is. I'll grab the pictures and copy over here in a second.

Edit -

Reactions: princeinc
There seems to be little news on how far along the inside set building / decoration is. I'll grab the pictures and copy over here in a second.

The 360° screen frame was completely installed as of 3-6 weeks ago... it has probably been covered by now or is in the process. I believe I was also told at the time that rebar for some of the sculptured walls was in place but I didn't push for details.

Reactions: DragonSlayer
Thanks for the photos awhen.

I'm surprised no one has posted the pics which surfaced on Twitter from the media preview earlier - didn't show much, but it's something at least! Do we know if they are from the actual ride interior or if they were just a mock-up? There seems to be little news on how far along the inside set building / decoration is. I'll grab the pictures and copy over here in a second.

Edit -

It's a photo op set up in USF for a travel convention. Not indicative of final product.