Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Met one of the ride painters on our cruise. He talked a lot about the paint work that went into Kong. He didn't have any spoilers (mostly worked on the queue, and much of the paint work shown already is his), but he did say the word around the job site was softs were very close to starting.

Some of the fairly simple techniques they use for creating rock work and other topography were really cool.

So I took a second look at the "lights" today and they could be painted to match the "logs" that are in the rest of the rockwork in no time. I think they would look fine if that happened. There is a third I can see up on top of rock outcrops about level with the two in the mouth and to the left of the door.

My thought while watching is there are a lot of odds and ends to button up but two weeks seems do-able and then the walls could come down.