Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 330 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. As ultimately I want RoK to soft open so the ride can be enjoyed by the general public and all speculation can end with reviews by people that have actually been on the ride and can openly talk about it. I selfishly would like the soft openings to hold off until I get there on June 12th so I could be one of the first general public to ride it.

Honestly though the sooner the better!!!

It's probably gonna be another 2 weeks before Kong starts sifts

Universal will push for this to soft open at least a couple days before the rush of memorial weekend. They are not going to want to soft this on a busy weekend if they can help it. But I also see them wanting this open to help capacity as it gets busier.

*reads through thread*

*sees Gringotts called "average"*

*laughs hysterically*

You guys are too much.

Universal will push for this to soft open at least a couple days before the rush of memorial weekend. They are not going to want to soft this on a busy weekend if they can help it. But I also see them wanting this open to help capacity as it gets busier.

My money's on next weekend.

What's all this? Gringotts is fun, y'all. My only complaint is that it's too short. The hype was insane and impossible to meet, and once I heard Kong would have a balance of screens an AAs, I remember people saying the same about Gringotts, which instantly put my expectations in check.

Anyone who was around during the build up for EFG should know better than to let your imaginations run wild with how great you think a ride will be. A ride will never be as good as the one you've made up in your head.

What's all this? Gringotts is fun, y'all. My only complaint is that it's too short. The hype was insane and impossible to meet, and once I heard Kong would have a balance of screens an AAs, I remember people saying the same about Gringotts, which instantly put my expectations in check.

Anyone who was around during the build up for EFG should know better than to let your imaginations run wild with how great you think a ride will be. A ride will never be as good as the one you've made up in your head.

Rides can be amazing when your head doesn't have a budget =)

I've just finished watching King Kong (2005) for the first time (I know, I'm late to the party). The film certainly leaves quite a bit for Reign of Kong to live up to, and I'm sure it will do fairly well. However, I'm really not looking forward to the
bug pit :shh:
- The spiders on FJ were bad enough.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mike S
I loved Gringotts. I just wish it was more longer, a little bit more thrilling and when they drop you in the beginning that it was a little bit steeper. But it's a great attraction for sure.

But I see we are all waiting for Kong softs like. :bang::bored:

The tech behind Gringotts is amazing. The ride itself is decent but most of the time I go to the park I'm not clamoring to get on Gringotts. They spent too much time on the queue and DA.

Spidey is wwaayy more thrilling/fun and it came out 17 years ago.

Back to Kong...
Starting to get numb to. "Next weekend guys, softs...."

"Late next week is most likely..."

Just don't say anything. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cole and Ryno27
thing is though most tourist don't know what a soft open is.So say they open this for a busy weekend and it has issues people would then go to guest services demanding something for their time.At the same time say they soft open it before and it doesn't open on that weekend people then complain bout it not being open.

*reads through thread*

*sees Gringotts called "average"*

*laughs hysterically*

You guys are too much.

My money's on next weekend.
I should probably reword my thoughts on Gringotts...I didn't hate it by any stretch and my disappointment was ultimately my own undoing by getting impossible to ever meet expectations hyped about it....that combined with the 3 hour wait...oh crap...maybe that was where 60% of my disappointment came from. I literally watched a Goblin banker sign a check for almost 2 1/2 hours....I think it was his first day.