Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Talked to Brian, we'll start handing out one day bans to people who continuously take the conversation off the rails.
As long as nothing is happening with this, conversation naturally is going to derail. Handing out bans to a few people isn't going to stop others from doing the same. It's human nature.

And handing out bans to active members does the boards no good either.

As long as nothing is happening with this, conversation naturally is going to derail. Handing out bans to a few people isn't going to stop others from doing the same. It's human nature.

And handing out bans to active members does the boards no good either.
Agreed. When should we ban people that continuously ask "when are softs!!!?". That gets pretty freaking old, too. Everyone on Earth will know the second this thing opens.

Last edited:
Are people still asking when softs are? I feel like that's not a thing.
Oh it's still a thing.

A day ban isn't the end of the world. Especially if mods are posting ad nauseum to please stay on topic. The next 5 posts that follow are a blatant disregard for what the mod just told you. There are people that come on here to look for specific info regarding the attraction. Or people who haven't logged on in a few days to get an update to see random nonsense mixed with Kong news.

Last edited:
Oh it's still a thing.

A day ban isn't the end of the world. Especially if mods are posting ad nauseum to please stay on topic when the next 5 posts after that are blatant disregard for what the mod just told you. There are people that come on here to look for specific info regarding the attraction or people who haven't logged on in a few days to get an update to see random nonsense mixed with Kong news.
No, it's not by far the end of the world.

My point being though, a lot of off-topic posts start with Teebin or someone asking a general question about something related to the project. Someone answers the question and it's all downhill from there. It's not a purposeful, sinister thing people are doing. It just happens, mostly without much notice (until pointed out).

Reactions: Ryno27
And again I will say, if there is nothing Kong to talk about, there is nothing to talk about. If the thread gets sidetracked for a few posts, then that's fine but I shouldn't be coming to this thread and seeing 2-3 pages of completely irrelevant random convo. We've asked several times in the past week to please stop derailing and it continues. So we have to go to extremes. We don't like it either, but feel we have no other choice at this moment.

Irony is that, if memory serves me right, a year or so ago, we were talking about how smooth all would go considering the ride system was so much simpler than Gringotts.

I am also curious, since it is mainly an Oceaneering issue, is all the navigation stuff considerably different from Seaworld's Antarctica? That ride was plagued with issues, and every time an RV went offline, the entire ride had to be reset which took forever.

I stopped going to the park randomly in hopes that it will be the day they start softs. Its way less stressful that way. Ill be there the next day after softs start bright and early to line up outside of the park.

Irony is that, if memory serves me right, a year or so ago, we were talking about how smooth all would go considering the ride system was so much simpler than Gringotts.

I am also curious, since it is mainly an Oceaneering issue, is all the navigation stuff considerably different from Seaworld's Antarctica? That ride was plagued with issues, and every time an RV went offline, the entire ride had to be reset which took forever.

The only reason I had confidence is because they put the vehicle on track so early in the game. Perhaps the software wasn't checking its location back then??? I know that some of its smarts hadn't been installed in the beginning.

If they don't reset this attraction very quickly, it could cause the reset to take forever. :saywhat:

Reset shouldn't take too long if there's only 3-4 vehicles. The reason resets take so long on other trackless attractions is that the vehicles have to be pushed to their starting positions for a cycle. The higher the number of vehicles, the longer that takes.

Reactions: Ryno27
Back in April I was waiting to go until softs could potentially happen; eventually I just said screw it and went. I made a good choice there :lol: I was considering waiting until it soft opens later this month to pick up a plastic pass but it's pretty clear softs won't be happening anytime soon. Softs will happen when they happen, I wouldn't get caught up over it.

My throwback Thursday contribution. Taken on May 10, 2015, this is the only real picture I have of where the vehicles exit the building for the outdoor loop.

And since there's not much else going on, this past weekend is the first time I noticed the Dudley-themed gate is gone, and just how much foliage they put on that side of the building.

This issue could end up hurting universal a lot. They are promoting this as THIS SUMMER. Commercials, print ads and mailers. People are going to be very angry to find out THIS SUMMER could be late August or September. People who are disney regulars giving universal a shot to impress them wont be back next year. Disney has that pandora land opening soon? Universal needs all hands on deck to get Kong up and running. If it means having staff pull the dang trucks through the attraction.