Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 475 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They want to fix the part on exit since the screen streams blank! After that whole 360 scene is over, you transition into the final scene. That transition has a video screen tunnel which is supposed to have something on it, but it's been blank since the previews.

Do you mean the large 360 screens are supposed to have the tunnel that tracks with the vehicle until you are out of the room? The video must have had this when installed but it didn't look right?

Thank goodness. That transition baffled me after the earlier screens. Just so everyone knows, I never asked about the projections or what they were about. Call it plausible deniability. Plus, I like surprises too.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
The queue is creepy. Do you think it's justifiable though? The ride itself does not seem scary at all. I think the line sets the wrong tone. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but one would think they are about to board the most intense, extreme ride ever. That's like going to a dinner party and the hosts serves Creme Fraiche and Caviar as an appetizer and for the main course it's a bacon cheeseburger.

Not really. Keep in mind we're going through a temple that views Kong as a deity, so they are going to express themselves whichever way they deem fit for appease "a god".

Just gonna say - this is probably the most busy I've ever seen the forums, or at least from when I've been online. Lots of discussion going on tonight!

Reactions: Ryno27
That review lost me when it said it's the best thing that UC has done since the Chamber of Secrets as if that was a milestone. FJ as a whole, yes. But that one scene?
I believe Violarum was comparing single scenes, saying AA Kong scene was the most impressive scene UC had done, and comparing it to Chamber of Secrets. That wasn't an entire attraction comparison. :)

Reactions: Ryno27
For the record, I'm a Disney fan. I'm a Universal fan. It is possible to love both.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but this really irritates me. I'm beginning to understand how those who are tired of the screens debate must feel!

PICK A SIDE!

:lol: JK

Not but really, I wanna address this to hopefully try to steer convo into a more positive/respective tone.

I agree about the Dis vs Uni thing. It just seems whenever something new comes out, the knuckleheads come out from both sides, whether it be on a forum or social media. Not gonna defend EVERYONE, but that defensive mentality can bridge over. I know there are some people from each side where a park may piss out gold and call it terrible, and it just sucks because they belittle the people that may like it.

From the opposite side of the coin, whenever there may be constructive criticism - it's written-off as favoritism to "the other guys". It's a vicious cycle that sucks. I just wish everyone can learn to let everyone be - the "you do you" mentality.

For screen...I understand both sides of the coin. I personally don't care as long as it's a fine attraction, but doesn't make me any less of a legit gripe for some when they bring it up.

However, whether you hope Universal moves on from their screen reliance or not; we should judge the merits of the attraction as it stands. To start the whole "Oh wow, look screens" review for Kong is kinda silly since we've known for quite some time - and discussed - it was gonna mix a lot of elements, including some screen-use.

If you don't like it, you don't like; but don't automatically dismiss it because it is screen-based. I also advise you to not take the YouTube video as any indication of what the experience was like. The video can't catch the vibe/feel of the 360 video or entering the temple. Just.. be open-minded.

Last edited:
Now, this is just an opinion, from someone who has seen no pictures or videos of Kong, only what has been said here, with that being said, is it possible that, like Drake's latest album, the 2016 Orlando attractions had been overhyped too much and now we're giving what I believe, once the dust settles, will be considered good rides, mixed reviews. Just my honest opinion, but I know opinion is a naughty word in this thread.

Yeah, I probably didn't help with that... but some ideas sounded very cool in theory and I had to share a bit of hype that I felt.

PICK A SIDE!

:lol: JK

Not but really, I wanna address this to hopefully try to steer convo into a more positive/respective tone.

I agree about the Dis vs Uni thing. It just seems whenever something new comes out, the knuckleheads come out from both sides, whether it be on a forum or social media. Not gonna defend EVERYONE, but that defensive mentality can bridge over. I know there are some people from each side where one may piss out gold and call it terrible, and it just sucks because they belittle the people that may like it.

From the opposite side of the coin, whenever there may be constructive criticism - it's written-off as favoritism to "the other guys". It's a vicious cycle that sucks. I just wish everyone can learn to let everyone be - the "you do you" mentality.

For screen...I understand both sides of the coin. I personally don't care as long as it's a fine attraction, but doesn't make me any less of a legit gripe for some when they bring it up.

However, whether you hope Universal moves on from their screen reliance or not; we should judge the merits of the attraction as it stands. To start the whole "Oh wow, look screens" review for Kong is kinda silly since we've known for quite some time - and discussed - it was gonna mix a lot of elements, including some screen-use.

If you don't like it, you don't like; but don't automatically dismiss it because it is screen-based. I also advise you to not take the YouTube video as any indication of what the experience was like. The video can't catch the vibe/feel of the 360 video or entering the temple. Just.. be open-minded.

*Waits for BriMan, Drew and Hate's official review*