Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 593 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have they opened the Express line yet? Or is it still just Regular and Single Riders? Thinking about heading up for Labor Day weekend and would most likely stay on-site to use Express.

The opening of Kong and Hulk have had other effects. Lines at Seuss trolley and Doom were much shorter than I expected. The Rope drop line was much busier to the left. It used to always be busier to the right for Harry Potter.

Comic strip cafe is halfway in between Hulk and Kong. It was also much busier than I am used to see it.

I have heard rumors that demand for bananas and human sacrifices are up, but I have no independent verification of this.
A Sacrifice a Day Keeps the Ape Away.

Have they opened the Express line yet? Or is it still just Regular and Single Riders? Thinking about heading up for Labor Day weekend and would most likely stay on-site to use Express.

Last time I checked they were not using the express line yet. Express line does not show up as an option for Kong on the app. It does show up as an option for Hulk.

Reactions: Bulldog45
Lines at Seuss trolley and Doom were much shorter than I expected.

Interesting, didn't think those two attractions shared the same riders :D

I thought I heard someone mention that they won't be doing Express for the foreseeable future?

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
The opening of Kong and Hulk have had other effects. Lines at Seuss trolley and Doom were much shorter than I expected. The Rope drop line was much busier to the left. It used to always be busier to the right for Harry Potter.

Comic strip cafe is halfway in between Hulk and Kong. It was also much busier than I am used to see it.

I have heard rumors that demand for bananas and human sacrifices are up, but I have no independent verification of this.
You may be on to something. CITH and Poseidon's Fury wait times have been lower than their historical levels since Kong opened. The park may be more left handed entrance oriented than previously.........Before Hulk opened Doom had pretty long lines. So if Doom is down a bit, it may be somewhat due to Hulk opening.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
You may be on to something. CITH and Poseidon's Fury wait times have been lower than their historical levels since Kong opened. The park may be more left handed entrance oriented than previously.........Before Hulk opened Doom had pretty long lines. So if Doom is down a bit, it may be somewhat due to Hulk opening.
Now I see why CITH would have lower lines.

Remember that Kong is a family friendly ride. Almost anyone can ride. The only ride a lower height requirement is ET. If it pulls away even a small amount of guests from the family friendly rides it has a big effect. Many of those rides are low capacity.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I do think it alienated a lot of crowds. For example, my mom can't ride rides that spin at all. When I was much younger at IOA, she practically couldn't ride a thing. The least they could do is make the only family dark ride accessible to everybody.

And yet Men In Black still spins, with the exact same ride system...
That's a very different situation. If Men In Black was in the kid's area of the park and was the only family-friendly dark ride in USF, they probably would have removed spinning there too. (But yeah, that's another reason I want Universal to add more slow-moving dark rides. I know a lot of people who get easily motion-sick and can't ride things that spin/shake/drop/etc. They have no reason to go to Universal whatsoever. And I do feel like adding more slow-moving dark rides could really help attract that crowd.)