Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 605 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode twice today. Like the fact they have a reride feature similar to Dragons. It was awesome and the most fluidic animatronic Kong i've ever seen. Just glad to see the big guy back. :)

Rode twice today. Like the fact they have a reride feature similar to Dragons. It was awesome and the most fluidic animatronic Kong i've ever seen. Just glad to see the big guy back. :)

Reride feature? Did you have technical issues prompting a reride?

Posted wait times (TP) Saturday, Sept. 17, 9:45 AM....Sunny 81 degrees
No early entry for IOA...Park opened 9:00 AM
Interesting times with no early entry.

Forbidden Journey................10 minutes
Hulk....................................15 minutes
Reign of Kong........................15 minutes
Spider Man...........................5 minutes

Posted wait times (TP) Saturday, Sept. 17, 9:45 AM....Sunny 81 degrees
No early entry for IOA...Park opened 9:00 AM
Interesting times with no early entry.

Hulk....................................15 minutes
Reign of Kong........................15 minutes
App shows current wait time at 75 minutes. Looks like a lot of late risers coming into the park.

Reactions: Mike S
I wonder if families not doing HHN just start at the Studios (since they can get in at 7 AM) and then just hit IOA later (open until 8 PM as opposed to 5 PM).

Oddly, we went to IOA and went to Kong first, we got to Kong at 9:45 (that's the odd part to me) and the posted wait time was 15 minutes, rode, then went to Spidey w/ a 15 minute wait, then went to Hulk with a 20 minute wait...when we got off Hulk, single rider was posted as 40 minutes...we were on our way back to the hotel by 11:45...

Liked Kong, I sat in the middle of row 10, so I didn't notice anything about the screen not taken up my full field of vision.

I wonder if families not doing HHN just start at the Studios (since they can get in at 7 AM) and then just hit IOA later (open until 8 PM as opposed to 5 PM).

Oddly, we went to IOA and went to Kong first, we got to Kong at 9:45 (that's the odd part to me) and the posted wait time was 15 minutes, rode, then went to Spidey w/ a 15 minute wait, then went to Hulk with a 20 minute wait...when we got off Hulk, single rider was posted as 40 minutes...we were on our way back to the hotel by 11:45...

Liked Kong, I sat in the middle of row 10, so I didn't notice anything about the screen not taken up my full field of vision.
Definitely. This didn't happen until the early entry moved from IOA to Studios the other day. That's why I noted in my first post that IOA wasn't early entry.

Can someone please grab a sat image and draw where express is and single riders is now? I had this all set in my head months ago and yet Ops is screwing around with things it seems.

Posted Wait Times (TP)...Sunday Morning 9:10AM
Park opens 9:00....No early entry for IOA

Hulk....................................10 minutes
Reign of Kong........................10 minutes

Well, now I know when to hit Kong for my first ride next Sunday (provided it's working OK)
Update for 10:15 AM; Same times for the attractions except Kong increased to 20 minutes.
Update for 11:30 AM: FJ:30, Hulk: 10, Kong:45, Spider Man: 15
Update for 1:15 PM: Kong: 60 minutes
Update for 5:45 PM: Kong 60 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel and Mike S
Kids go through that "i'm not scared" phase sometimes (maybe they don't understand what's scary about it), then suddenly go the other way and are terrified when they get older. I've seen it happen with my nieces and roller coasters. They LOVED them until somehow they learned they should be afraid of them and then they wouldn't ride them again (even if they had been on them before).

Yep, my daughter is this way. Not with roller coasters, she still loves them. But things like haunted mansion didn't phase her when she was 3, but now she is scared of certain parts. Funny story, my husband watched the kids while I went to HHN and my daughter said she wanted to go to my husband. He told her it is really scary and she said, "I only pretend to be scared of haunted mansion, I know it is all not real" lol The next day I told her if she won't go on Kong, there is no way she can handle HHN. Lol She still wants to go to HHN, but going on Kong to get to HHN is not worth it in her mind as she has no desire to go on Kong. My 1 year old if tall enough would happily go on Kong.

Posted Wait Times...Monday, Sept. 19th, 10:00 AM
IOA opens 9:00 AM, No Early Entry

Forbidden Journey......................15 minutes
Hulk..........................................5 minutes
Reign of Kong..............................30 minutes
Spider Man.................................10 minutes

It's sure looking like the time to ride Kong, with a short wait, is early mornings after a HHN night, now that IOA is not the Early Entry park.