Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
jurassic_park_gate.jpg

Malcolm: "What do they have in there? King King?

Hammond: "Yes, haha, yes we do!"

Not trying to change the subject, but just a yes no question. Has anyone amateur or pro ever presented a properly edited version of the Jackson King Kong? I would love to see a 40 minute shorter version. I'll bet it could be a really compelling movie if so.

Reactions: greendude33
Generally, on the dvd side of the movie business, special editions of a film are longer than the original. Kong 2005 has two versions, a regular length and a special edition that's extended. Kind of the norm in the industry. I would doubt that your request will ever be realized, even though it may have merit. :frown:

Generally, on the dvd side of the movie business, special editions of a film are longer than the original. Kong 2005 has two versions, a regular length and a special edition that's extended. Kind of the norm in the industry. I would doubt that your request will ever be realized, even though it may have merit. :frown:

Thanks. Let me suggest that I can realize the request myself. I was just trying the lazy way out. I figured the idea was more logical than it apparently is. :)

Ok, to make up for my misdirect here: There will be fog on the ride. I don't know if it will be LN fog or HHN fog/smoke. The idea is that it will be present on the outdoors parts of the ride. I believe the recent post was a bit misleading in that it suggested there would be fog, water and fire in the queue. I don't believe that any of that is correct. You all know where the fire will happen outdoors. The water will be on the indoors. Fog on the interior... I never clarified that as true or false. I cannot see where fire on the interior would be necessary at all. That will all be spartan, creepfest and desperate.

PS: I don't believe there is an LN2 tank on site backstage. Have any of you secret employees seen a really large vertical tank backstage? PM me to hold your secret.

Last edited:
I think the PJ kong is worth watching in its entirety once before you go on this ride. It's a great movie and I find it a lot more tolerable to sit through than most LOTR or hobbit films even though it's still insanely long. Has some amazing scenes in it

I usually opt for the extended version myself. Nearly 3.5 hours of KONG. :popcorn:

I'm sure this has been mentioned at some point in this thread but I've searched and can't find anything so I apologise in advance.

A rumour I read ages ago, talked about how Universal was using Kong as a way to entice Peter Jackson to bring LOTR to the parks and that Kong is a way of building a solid foundation with Jackson.

I'm sure this has been mentioned at some point in this thread but I've searched and can't find anything so I apologise in advance.

A rumour I read ages ago, talked about how Universal was using Kong as a way to entice Peter Jackson to bring LOTR to the parks and that Kong is a way of building a solid foundation with Jackson.
The don't need Jacksons approval. They need the Tolkein Estate's.

Reactions: Prototype_82
The don't need Jacksons approval. They need the Tolkein Estate's.

Not exactly. If and I mean, IF WB wins an upcoming court case to use the Tolkien IPs to the theme parks (it was from Last year I believe that this got brought up), Universal could go to WB once more and convince them to use the world of Middle Earth in the parks.

That being said, I can be wrong; but I believe that was a piece brought up back then.

Reactions: Mike S
Not exactly. If and I mean, IF WB wins an upcoming court case to use the Tolkien IPs to the theme parks (it was from Last year I believe that this got brought up), Universal could go to WB once more and convince them to use the world of Middle Earth in the parks.

That being said, I can be wrong; but I believe that was a piece brought up back then.
If Universal gets it that's definitely something they should save for the third park. Which area do you base the land off of though? I would go for the Lonely Mountain and a ride with Smaug but then I'm sure there would be fans who would want the Shire, Rivendell and such. Doesn't seem as easy as Harry Potter to please a majority. Either way one of these days I need to watch the original movies again.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If Universal gets it that's definitely something they should save for the third park. Which area do you base the land off of though? I would go for the Lonely Mountain and a ride with Smaug but then I'm sure there would be fans who would want the Shire, Rivendell and such. Doesn't seem as easy as Harry Potter to please a majority. Either way one of these days I need to watch the original movies again.
We've already got a dragon in an underground vault. Even the mines of Moria would be similar to Gringott's. What Universal doesn't have is giant eagles or anything like Rivendell.

We've already got a dragon in an underground vault. Even the mines of Moria would be similar to Gringott's. What Universal doesn't have is giant eagles or anything like Rivendell.
I could see that. I'm just a bit partial to Dragons I guess. I'm sure whatever they build, if they can snag the rights, will be amazing.

Reactions: Mad Dog