Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it just me or is this year going by really slow?
Nothing major has opened at any Florida park this year, which is probably why. It's the year of construction watch. 2016 and 2017 are when we get the goods (not just at Uni, but Disney, Sea World and BGT).

Nothing major opened?!
Don't tell that to that 8 year old that is going ape about the dino meet and great, he will kick you in the family jewels to prove you wrong.
We also got 2 new shows and 1 rap act that is a great replacement for Disaster. ;)

Reactions: Nick
I think this will look a lot better once the scaffolding is down and you're looking at the whole scene.
its supposed to be subtle and let the rock work stand out

building looks incredible the mural is terrible and cheap looking

It actually isn't. That's 185mm DX format (~270mm equivalent) zoom to show the details of the work. That brings the mural closer to the facade. Once the rest of it is done and we get a nice wide shot of all of it you will see something more representative of what it looks like in person.

Reactions: Quint and Dan_raven
I don't think the foliage is the problem. Has some depth. I thing the flat blue airbrushed mountains are what make it look bizarre. Maybe they're just doing a test section. I'm hoping the mountains get more detail work.

Yeah I don't think the mural's gonna be an issue, though honestly I was fine with the blank "jagged rocks" they already had up there.

Still worried about that blank-side-of-building since it seems very obvious as you approach from the Toon Lagoon side, but I'll have to assess it in person.

It actually isn't. That's 185mm DX format (~270mm equivalent) zoom to show the details of the work. That brings the mural closer to the facade. Once the rest of it is done and we get a nice wide shot of all of it you will see something more representative of what it looks like in person.
yeah i get what your saying it just looks bad to me...very cheap looking
but as always its really hard to say for sure until you see the final product

I'm seriously confused by that. A Godzilla/King King mashup using their relative sizes to each other just doesn't add up. Sure there was the Toho King Kong Vs. Godzilla movie, and while a fun movie it suffered from severe continuity issues relating to the monsters constantly changing "sizes" against different scaled models.

If this is indeed true, we may be hearing more "rumors" of Godzilla coming to the parks LoL

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life