Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 506 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Regardless of the haters, this ride will become one of the top 5 in the resort. Yeah it's 75% screen based, but at least it's longer than the tram tour segment in Hollywood and it has animatronics!
Now honestly I would feel cheated if not for those AA's. those things make the whole experience worthwhile.

Are there softs again today? Am curious if softs will become more frequent, and if they will have it open in the morning, since that is when I always go.

Are there softs again today? Am curious if softs will become more frequent, and if they will have it open in the morning, since that is when I always go.

Softs have really only been running in the mid to late afternoon to evenings so far. At some point they may open it in the morning but I think they like the extra time to work on kinks before opening it. Not only is the ride not officially open it doesn't even have a grand opening date so for the time being so I feel like softs will remain opening later on until they are more comfortable operating it on shorter downtime.

Softs have really only been running in the mid to late afternoon to evenings so far. At some point they may open it in the morning but I think they like the extra time to work on kinks before opening it. Not only is the ride not officially open it doesn't even have a grand opening date so for the time being so I feel like softs will remain opening later on until they are more comfortable operating it on shorter downtime.
Thanks, that is what I thought. Hopefully they will tweak it all speedily :)

I feel like people are missing the point with the natives in the queue. This is based off Peter Jacksons rendition of Kong right? In that movie before they entered the jungle where they would inevitably meet Kong, the expedition group encountered Kong worshiping natives. In my opinion if we consider the movie as it relates to the ride the natives and the witch make perfect sense to the general ride storyline.

I feel like people are missing the point with the natives in the queue. This is based off Peter Jacksons rendition of Kong right? In that movie before they entered the jungle where they would inevitably meet Kong, the expedition group encountered Kong worshiping natives. In my opinion if we consider the movie as it relates to the ride the natives and the witch make perfect sense to the general ride storyline.
Nope, Universal has said it's not based off of the movie....But there are similarities, unofficially of course.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27

I wanted to add if you bother to watch Myth Explorers the story in the ride makes more sense as well. Imagine a ride you have to do your homework for ;)

Exactly. If people feel the setup between the queue and the ride is too tonally different, the film was the same way. Get to the island, creepy island natives, Kong appears and takes Anne, and then it's an adventure through the island. One of the drivers even made reference to the natives. Not sure if the second one did.

Reactions: Mike S
I got thinking about this yesterday. I would imagine that just one locking flap reporting an error would be a reason they would shut down the table, even if it was working fine!

I swear, even without the motion base it still feels like the truck is swinging around and falling, can only imagine what is like with it

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts