Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 574 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
8:45 am and already a 90 min wait for Kong. It's amazing how much the "Official Opening" skyrocketed wait times. I mean you expect a significant bump, but I thought the ride capacity would keep the wait manageable at least for a couple hours after park open regardless.

8:45 am and already a 90 min wait for Kong. It's amazing how much the "Official Opening" skyrocketed wait times. I mean you expect a significant bump, but I thought the ride capacity would keep the wait manageable at least for a couple hours after park open regardless.
More people heading to IOA + many going directly to new great rude = it's going to be a long line regardless of capacity.

My guess is it will continue like this til Hulk opens, assuming that is in August.

It was crowded at the park yesterday. I'd recommend express to anyone visiting for their single trip of the year. Even single rider lines were crazy. The express lines were quite long too but at least they take priority on loading.

note: no express for kong

posted line time was 90 and single looked to be about a 30-45 minute wait

More people heading to IOA + many going directly to new great rude = it's going to be a long line regardless of capacity.

My guess is it will continue like this til Hulk opens, assuming that is in August.
My thoughts exactly, a fifth OR even sixth ride vehicle wouldn't even suffice. A packed park means close to hour waits for rides, and 90 to 120min for the popular ones.

There are other rides with very reasonable wait times. Just hit the big ones right at park opening then move on from there.

We are booked August 15-20 with a plan to be in the parks 16-18/half day of the 19th.
I plan to hit early. Staying on site gets that early admission, that seems to be the best way to get those big ones in before the arrival of great unwashed masses.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
These wait times are making me reconsider my booking at Cabana Bay this summer.
Those are typical July wait times. But that was a bit busy for so early in the morning today. Every early morning is not that bad. As I said in the Hulk thread, these are still typical July wait times. About the same line times as July 2015. Looks like crowds, for now, are back to normal summer busy. Summer is busy and short of the July 4th holiday (which was slow) USF has had very historically typical summer line times........CNBC (at 1:30) just had a few comments on Universal Florida. They said it's a great value for the dollar.

I was fascinated with the Transformers line last week when we were there. It's literally a walk on for the first 2-3 hours after park open. Then the park gets slammed with late risers and people leaving Potter, and the ride is a 90-120 minute wait by Noon. I guess that's whats happening with everyone going to Kong first. Just this sudden log jam of people that never lets up throughout the day. Plus I'm sure a lot of local visitors have been waiting for the official opening to hit the park.

Reactions: Mike S
The lines should die down by mid-August. Kids go back to school early this year around Orlando and many parts of the country they now go back in August. In New Jersey we always went back right after Labor Day but apparently the southern states go back earlier.

According to a random person commenting on my video on YouTube, the composer of the Skull Island score is William Ross.

William Ross - IMDb

William Ross: Composer

He's done other theme park stuff like Escape from Gringotts and Star Tours, so makes sense.

Mystery solved (probably).

Yes! Okay this makes a lot of sense now.

I'm still stunned they didn't do a making-of vid featuring the music but that seemed to fall heavily by the wayside when... well everything happened that did.

Reactions: Cole
We are booked August 15-20 with a plan to be in the parks 16-18/half day of the 19th.
I plan to hit early. Staying on site gets that early admission, that seems to be the best way to get those big ones in before the arrival of great unwashed masses.

That's my plan as well. I'm flying in on the 13th and staying at CB until the 18th. Hit the park early and head right to Kong and the other major rides at park open. :thumbsup:

I went the last week of August last year, the park was dead as it could be, even MK was dead. It really really falls off past mid August, labor day bump, then calms until HHN starts up.
Yeah, that week is generally almost as low as Sept. crowds. Nearly all school districts are back to school by then, which ultimately cuts tourism.