Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 597 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh! Haven't gotten to ride this since the last 2 times I have been there it was closed when I was in that area. Now with express lines will be even longer. I was hoping off season I could get out there with a lower line.
At least not everyone at the resort uses Express Pass.

At least not everyone at the resort uses Express Pass.
Actually, we even get by pretty well without Express. We've been staying at CBBR a few days before we move to Portofino or RPR, and we don't have much trouble with line waits. Universal has single rider lines on most of their major E tickets, so we utilize that to the fullest, since single rider line waits at Universal are way shorter than the very few single rider lines at WDW (Aerosmith, Test Track, & one other that are almost always slow & long).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Actually, we even get by pretty well without Express. We've been staying at CBBR a few days before we move to Portofino or RPR, and we don't have much trouble with line waits. Universal has single rider lines on most of their major E tickets, so we utilize that to the fullest, since single rider line waits at Universal are way shorter than the very few single rider lines at WDW (Aerosmith, Test Track, & one other that are always slow & long).

You know we could probably do single rider for Kong. We normally can't because my daughter is too young to utilize single rider, but she doesn't want to go on Kong anymore after seeing it in person. So we could for once do Single Rider.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
You know we could probably do single rider for Kong. We normally can't because my daughter is too young to utilize single rider, but she doesn't want to go on Kong anymore after seeing it in person. So we could for once do Single Rider.
Yes, I realize your predicament on most single rider lines. It doesn't work for a parent with young children........But, it's sure a great perk, almost a secret perk, at Universal, since so many major attractions have it. So it's really good for teens, couples without children, or people that attend by themselves.

Reactions: Mike S
Yes, I realize your predicament on most single rider lines. It doesn't work for a parent with young children........But, it's sure a great perk, almost a secret perk, at Universal, since so many major attractions have it. So it's really good for teens, couples without children, or people that attend by themselves.

Yep, we used it all the time pre-kids. It was fun with MIB because hardly anyone ever used the single rider line. We would ride it 4 times in like 25 minutes while the wait was 60 minutes. Mummy always seemed to have a much longer single rider line. Never understood why some were walk ons and others had lines. Only what, 6 more years before both my kids are old enough for single rider lol

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Posted Wait Times (TP) Thursday August 25th...1:45 PM

Forbidden Journey.....................30 minutes
Hulk.........................................30 minutes
Kong.........................................90 minutes
Spider Man................................40 minutes

Gringotts...................................30 minutes
Transformers.............................50 minutes

Trying to put together a touring plan that includes this ride but trying to figure out what would save the most time. Is it worth getting Hulk and Spiderman under our belts at rope drop and then rushing over to Kong, or is it best if we just go straight to Kong and double back on ourselves?

Never understood why some were walk ons and others had lines.

I used to work for MIB back when it was new... and from the MIB point of view, the answer to your question is RV configuration. 3 is such a odd number for theme parks. Parties of 3 are kind of rare. We mostly got parties of 2 and 4, so we always needed one single rider for every party of 2 and then we always needed 2 singles for every party of 4, because God forbids you sat them 3 and 1, so you could fit a party of 2 on that same RV... That's a big No, No. Then you got Mummy with RV configuration of 4 across, so the math always works great for the Grouper/TM at Mummy, but not so much for the single rider waiting in line.

Trying to put together a touring plan that includes this ride but trying to figure out what would save the most time. Is it worth getting Hulk and Spiderman under our belts at rope drop and then rushing over to Kong, or is it best if we just go straight to Kong and double back on ourselves?
Right now early entry guests are in line already for Kong at rope drop. Better to get Spider Man and Hulk out of the way first. Spider Man has no line at rope drop but builds up quickly after opening.

Right now early entry guests are in line already for Kong at rope drop. Better to get Spider Man and Hulk out of the way first. Spider Man has no line at rope drop but builds up quickly after opening.

Thanks for the reply! I'll be in IOA in just under four weeks (22nd of September) - how do I check if there's early entry on that date? If there isn't, what do you recommend we do at rope drop?

I forgot to post something about my 1st ride on Kong few weeks ago. 1st of all, great ride, great addition to IOA, and perhaps those are the reasons why it feels so damn short. BUT!! hopefully tomorrow "if" we go again like we have planned, I really hope to get a seat towards the back and in the center of the row, because I got row 2 corner driver's side and the magic kind of died a bit on the 360 every time I looked left, it was perfect looking right but being able to see the end edge of the film and the backstage lights on my left side sucked. I even got to see the platform the RV was on. Somehow I was expecting the 360 to be pipe shaped and not a flat doughnut shaped like it is, but then again, that's what 360 meant at a town fair, right? but I loved it, just hoping for better seats tomorrow :pray:

Thanks for the reply! I'll be in IOA in just under four weeks (22nd of September) - how do I check if there's early entry on that date? If there isn't, what do you recommend we do at rope drop?
Calling Universal the day before arrival is the best way I know to find out which park has early entry. If no early entry at IOA then do Kong, Spider Man and Hulk in that order. Do the wet rides right after. If IOA has early entry save Kong for later and do the rest of the list first.

Early entry when you are going at the end of September is 7:00 AM at Universal Studio's park. IOA is not listed for early entry.

Early entry is for the studios from 9/16 through at least 10/31. I saw a post this morning from an early entry that said Kong was a walk on first thing and when they came out it was 80 minutes. If I were doing this I would do Kong at rope drop then go back to Spidy and hit single if you can or wait and do Hulk then wait for Spidy. There are pros and cons either way but early entry will be USO

Click on the date you are interested to see the details for that day

FREE Universal Orlando 12-month crowd calendar with park hours & special events - Orlando Informer

Last edited:
Reactions: martymcflyy85
I forgot to post something about my 1st ride on Kong few weeks ago. 1st of all, great ride, great addition to IOA, and perhaps those are the reasons why it feels so damn short. BUT!! hopefully tomorrow "if" we go again like we have planned, I really hope to get a seat towards the back and in the center of the row, because I got row 2 corner driver's side and the magic kind of died a bit on the 360 every time I looked left, it was perfect looking right but being able to see the end edge of the film and the backstage lights on my left side sucked. I even got to see the platform the RV was on. Somehow I was expecting the 360 to be pipe shaped and not a flat doughnut shaped like it is, but then again, that's what 360 meant at a town fair, right? but I loved it, just hoping for better seats tomorrow :pray:
I found row 6 towards the middle to be the best. I had a similar experience to your first ride on my second but I was all the way in the back.

Then again I had a thought. What are the lines for Kong like just before park closing? We're happy to ride it last thing if it means we can do everything else while Kong mops up the crowds.

Then again I had a thought. What are the lines for Kong like just before park closing? We're happy to ride it last thing if it means we can do everything else while Kong mops up the crowds.

Either first thing or last, with all the people waiting for Kong then FJ, Hulk and Spidy have been pretty low (30 min or so). I would not get in line for Kong at 11:00 expecting a quick ride. 30 minutes in the queue lets you see everything that is there so is about right.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts