Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Even if it’s little, I love the bold idea of scareactors in the queue. Does anyone think there’s a chance they eventually expand the land to thunderfalls? I want badly

Also in the kaiju Francis’s a bunch of other major monsters have moved to Skull Island in the story (mothra included I believe). I wonder if they’d ever consider a second attraction (if they could find a spot for it)

But the ride, queue, story and everything is perfect.
The jump from mythical creatures (bugs, clawed thing, etc.) to real but prehistoric creatures is one of the most comedically bad story leaps I've seen in a themed attraction. And let's be real here... Kate's dead.

Also, from a spatial perspective, the second screen scene ignores that you just spent 20-30 minutes waiting in a temple that has now evaporated. But that's as nit picky as watching the horizon for the entirety of Flight of Passage (spoiler: those banshees must be able to teleport).

The jump from mythical creatures (bugs, clawed thing, etc.) to real but prehistoric creatures is one of the most comedically bad story leaps I've seen in a themed attraction. And let's be real here... Kate's dead.

:huh: But... That's what Skull Island is? A mishmosh of fantastic, strange creatures and enormous things including dinosaurs. I genuinely don't understand this complaint, this is just the story?

I don’t understand how this ride can get any hate ever.

It’s absolutely fantastic. A perfect addition to IoA.

My only complaint is I wish they expanded skull island to include Thunder Falls and reworked the restaurant entrance to Kong’s side (with a JP gate on the other).

But the ride, queue, story and everything is perfect.

It's still one more screen ride than I'd like at IOA. And yes the loss of a JP gate bothers me to no end. If it had replaced Disaster and BJ, with Rockit rethemed to F&F, I think I'd like it a lot better. Yes SF is incongruous as well, but Studios isn't really a park of themed lands sans DA.

And let's be real here... Kate's dead.
At least you had this one accurate thing in your post.

It's still one more screen ride than I'd like at IOA.
Pray-tell, why is it one more screen ride than you’d like in IoA.

Forbidden Journey is a hybrid. Spider-Man is a hybrid.

The entirety of Seuss (4 rides) are physical.
The entirety of Lost Continent is physical (sindbads before cancel and basically all of Poseidon).
2/3 of Hogsmeade is physical with hippogriff and Hagrid's (before when it was DC when Kong was built, also physical).
The entirety of JP is physical (2 rides and 1 play area with 1 new coaster coming).
The entirety of Toon lagoon is physical with 2 rides and a play area.
3/4 of Marvel is physical with 3 rides.

So 15 physical rides with 2 hybrids (2.5 if we include Hogwarts express) and a Kong hybrid is one too many screens? IoA desperately needed another indoor and screen-based attraction. And really, it would benefit from another one.

USF w/ F&F, Shrek, Fallon, DM, Gringotts, Transformers and Hogwarts express? Where do I sign the petition?
IoA? Pass.

I obviously haven't seen the movie :lol: I stand corrected. Hollywood starts with the raptor chase, so it always felt like the natural break where they would have just made some nonsense up before.

I obviously haven't seen the movie :lol: I stand corrected. Hollywood starts with the raptor chase, so it always felt like the natural break where they would have just made some nonsense up before.

:thumbsup: Glad you can laugh with us man, I was genuinely confused by your post but I can see how it would seem like a strange thematic shift without seeing the source material.

Does skull island have room to add another attraction to make it a mini land instead of just having reign of Kong their? It’s kind of weird that the land just has one attraction. Maybe we can get a show or two. A restaurant. I would’ve liked to have seen King Kong get some more outdoor scenes in the ride since it is skull island their is a big fish in the movie that was in a delete scene from Kong 05’ they could’ve added that.

Does skull island have room to add another attraction to make it a mini land instead of just having reign of Kong their? It’s kind of weird that the land just has one attraction. Maybe we can get a show or two. A restaurant. I would’ve liked to have seen King Kong get some more outdoor scenes in the ride since it is skull island their is a big fish in the movie that was in a delete scene from Kong 05’ they could’ve added that.
No, unless they ditch River Adventure fill in the retention pond/reconfigure the space