So what does Disney do now? | Inside Universal Forums

So what does Disney do now?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2009
After riding Transformers the other day, it is obvious now that Universal (with Spidey, HP, and Transformers) has the 3 most technologically advanced rides in Orlando, and this is coming from a big WDW fanboy. WDW hasn't created anything remotely close to those 3 rides in the last decade, and the only legitimate E-ticket ride they've produced is Expedition Everest which really is not much more than a gorgeously themed mine train. Is a response to Transformers and especially the upcoming expanded WWOHP on the Disney horizon? Or are we just going to get more D-Ticket rides like Mermaid and rethemed Test Tracks???

After riding Transformers the other day, it is obvious now that Universal (with Spidey, HP, and Transformers) has the 3 most technologically advanced rides in Orlando, and this is coming from a big WDW fanboy. WDW hasn't created anything remotely close to those 3 rides in the last decade, and the only legitimate E-ticket ride they've produced is Expedition Everest which really is not much more than a gorgeously themed mine train. Is a response to Transformers and especially the upcoming expanded WWOHP on the Disney horizon? Or are we just going to get more D-Ticket rides like Mermaid and rethemed Test Tracks???

i tell you what they do...they get their butt handed to them for the next 3 years for sure...i do think the mouse will bounce back with DAK and DHS expansoins but not until 2017

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

Reactions: Frogki
maybe if they'd just market on Pixar Place and Star Wars in MGM already probably but... well that won't happen for a while

anyways, not like it matters Disney still gets more tourists, they'll respond in separated phases like New Fantasyland.

Sit there and watch universal take over!

They don't do anything, they will do what they have always done... nothing, the name "Disney" is enough to keep people coming for the time being. Even if that means D-Ticket rides and phased openings.

The only reason Disney isnt doing anything now and will continue to not do anything is for the very reason as some have stated above...They don't have to. Mindless tourists here the word Disney and come in flocks to get a whiff of whatever the mouse is smoking...just a little taste of the "magic". Has been that way, is that way, and will continue to be that way. Universal is and will steal some of that thunder but it will NEVER be simply "Lets go to Universal" but rather "Lets go to Disney AND Universal"

Best of both worlds.

And yet us fanbois and girls are left to sit back and just watch as Disney (Orlando) piles in the money but never respectfully and adequately uses it...because quite frankly, they don't care.

Reactions: insanepizzaguy
We'll see at D23 if they announce anything. But it sounds like they're leaning towards a Cars clone, which just seems like a step in the wrong direction.

I have never thought of going just to disney even when I was little. We stayed and spent more time always at UOR.

I have never thought of going just to disney even when I was little. We stayed and spent more time always at UOR.

You're in the minority.

Seperateley, I was/am a big WDW fan, but I am happy I am open minded enough to really give UNI a GO !

My 5 year old sons favorite things in the world are: Super heros, dinosaurs and Harry Potter.....after his first trip coming up in November, I don't think I'll have a choice.....UNI will be our main stop from here on out..

Last night (the first weekend night of Summer, school closing wise), closing time was extended 2 hours. Friend of mine is an attractions manager, he can't remember there ever being a 2-hour extension. At 9:00 pm, the lines to get in still stretched back to bag check.

As awesome as Universal is, it's stuck in the Avis position--they try harder, but they're still doomed to be #2. WDW's reputation and momentum will keep them #1 for a while longer even if they choose to do nothing.

It's really pretty unfair to call tourists that go to Disney mindless or look down on them like they don't know what's good for them. Whether you like their product or not, there's still a lot of good things at Disney. The majority of people don't go that often, or ever. So why do they care that Rock n' Rollercoaster was built over a decade ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.