Soarin' and Toy Story Mania Expansion | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' and Toy Story Mania Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
Here at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, we’re always making investments to exceed your expectations – whether it’s creating new attractions and entertainment or making existing experiences even better.
One of the things we’ve heard from our guests is that a visit to Walt Disney World Resort just isn’t complete without enjoying the spectacular views at Soarin’ in Epcot or a spin through Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Well, I’m excited to share that we are expanding both attractions by adding another theater at Soarin’ and more midway track at Toy Story Mania! We’ll also be updating the screens and projection system at Soarin,’ bringing a visually enhanced experience.
Fly Over California with Soarin' at Epcot Toy Story Mania! at Disney's Hollywood Studios
These expansions are expected to be complete by late 2016, offering even more opportunities for you to enjoy these beloved attractions during your Walt Disney World Resort vacation.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ory-mania-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

Not the most exciting announcement. I was hoping Soarin' would get a redo.

The upgrade of the projectors will allow for changes to Soarin' when SHDL open.

But otherwise HEY GUYZ DIZKNEE IS BUILDING THINGZ STOP COMPLAINGING THEY'RE GIVING GUESTS HAT THEY WANT.

(sp)

Toy Story needs this for sure, the line is always absurd.
It only needs it because the park has no rides. I'm more accepting of the soarin' expansion. I mean, they could've put in n entirely new ride, which would have been something to promote and help ease off of TSMM. But they took the easy way out of this one.

Total get Soarin' but the reason TSMM is so long is the lack of another attractions in the Studios. If they built several new attractions the wait would not be as long. I love Disney, but its these types of announcements that make me stay at Universal much more than I stay at Disney. I hope this is just the start to more expansion there, it really needs it probably more than any other park in Orlando.

Total get Soarin' but the reason TSMM is so long is the lack of another attractions in the Studios.

It's the same reason for both.

Epcot may have a ton more attractions, but it doesn't have attractions 99% of the audience wants to do. It's the reason Soarin' and Test Track are perpetually over 90 minute wait times and the rest of the park seems empty.

Agreed they need more rides in both parks that can accommodate the same demographics as TSMM and Soarin.
If only there was some space to build new rides in Epcot, I mean them replacing Maelstrom speaks tons about how limited they are :horse:

I went on Soarin for the first time a few months ago, and I wouldn't bother to go on it again, unless there was zero wait. I even had a fast pass. I found the ride Borin.

Right next door is a HUGE building with a crappy ride that even kids find boring, and a 3D movie that's from the 80s. I'd rather they spend the money to completely overhaul that area instead.

Mission Space, is another huge blunder, no one seems to want to ride it.

There two areas that could be completely demolished and redone that could create some state of the art attractions.

I'm not even going to mention The Wonders Of Life Wine Seminar Pavilion, or the Giant Corporate Trade Show Building known as Innovations....

Epcot has a lot of areas that could be improved to meet guest demands. But yay for an extra movie theater.

It's just quite sad to be honest...there is so much potential with these parks...they just need a visionary and a team to execute it. UOR realized that hey, they have something that people love and want to keep coming back to....and how important the property really is.

I went on Soarin for the first time a few months ago, and I wouldn't bother to go on it again, unless there was zero wait. I even had a fast pass. I found the ride Borin.

Right next door is a HUGE building with a crappy ride that even kids find boring, and a 3D movie that's from the 80s. I'd rather they spend the money to completely overhaul that area instead.

Mission Space, is another huge blunder, no one seems to want to ride it.

There two areas that could be completely demolished and redone that could create some state of the art attractions.

I'm not even going to mention The Wonders Of Life Wine Seminar Pavilion, or the Giant Corporate Trade Show Building known as Innovations....

Epcot has a lot of areas that could be improved to meet guest demands. But yay for an extra movie theater.

I think Mission Space's initial issues with injuries/deaths gave it a permanent bad rap.

I find it fascinating that even those who don't harp (in comparison to others) on Disney on here and on Twitter are even saying "WTH guys!?"

It only needs it because the park has no rides. I'm more accepting of the soarin' expansion. I mean, they could've put in n entirely new ride, which would have been something to promote and help ease off of TSMM. But they took the easy way out of this one.

I'm surprised nobody is happy about this. I really wouldn't consider it the easy way out. They're spending a good amount of money on something they can't market or advertise. The only money to be gained from this is any extra profits made if people spend more time in stores/less time in lines but even then that's not really a guarnteed ROI. They're making large investments to improve capacity, I dont see why that's a bad thing. The way I look at it, they're making efforts to improve the guest experience without much in return :shrug:

It's not a bad thing whatsoever, it is just never on anybody's mind in a time where Disney has bigger fish to fry

It's 100% a bad thing. For multiple reasons.

1) It shows they aren't confident enough in smaller projects that WDI is coming up with that could take the pressure off these attractions.

2) It shows that they know these parks are broken and need capacity help, yet they're too cheap to build something new.

It's "better than nothing", but last time I checked it's the "Disney Difference" not Disney: Well I Guess That's Not So Bad.

Lol. Much needed additions in capacity to rides built in 2005 and 2008 to rides that have seen no real significant additions since then. That's like Universal having not done anything before Potter and being like hey guys.. we're adding another track to The Mummy and Simpsons Ride because they're so popular.

I'm surprised nobody is happy about this. I really wouldn't consider it the easy way out. They're spending a good amount of money on something they can't market or advertise. The only money to be gained from this is any extra profits made if people spend more time in stores/less time in lines but even then that's not really a guarnteed ROI. They're making large investments to improve capacity, I dont see why that's a bad thing. The way I look at it, they're making efforts to improve the guest experience without much in return :shrug:
But that's the thing: They're spending a good amount of money on something that isn't marketable, when they could spend that money to build a family E-ticket, which could both ease the stress off of TSMM and add a marketable option to the park and resort.

To quote our podcast from tonight, it's like instead of building Diagon Alley they built a second theater to Despicable Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.