Soarin Status | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin Status

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True, but Disney has always done the clone thing for the longest time and there are too many rides to list, so its nothing new.

Yes they should have done a Florida flyover video with this attraction instead of California, but Disney is known to cut corners, and with this attraction they got the most popular ride in Epcot without having to make any changes to it at all.

When the film does change it will most likely get the Soarin' Over the World film in development for Tokyo.

That being said, don't hold your breath. Won't happen for a while.

I would LOVE for a Soarin' Over The World, but I think the video would have to be longer. I also am not a fan of the sudden transitions. I think a quick delve back into the clouds would make for a much better transition. The ending should also be a reentry into EPCOT with the fireworks from Illuminations.

I'd actually rather have Soarin' Over Florida, even if there's not that much to work with. :shrug: It could include, different beaches, rivers, forests, the Everglades, and cities like Jacksonville and Miami, and I really like the IllumiNations finale idea.

Hopefully they will make the transition between destinations a lot better than just a flash cut. Add in some clouds. :lol:

Yeah! The flash cuts are the only things I hate about this ride.

I think Around the World fits Epcot best.

Totally!

When the film does change it will most likely get the Soarin' Over the World film in development for Tokyo.

That being said, don't hold your breath. Won't happen for a while.

Wait, there's actually a Soarin' Over the World already in the works for Disney Tokyo?

I like the flash cuts as they work for me.

That said, may we all bow down to that music? It made me weepy just listening to it. It is truly a symphonic of contemporary American themes. That music could open the Olympic ceremonies. It is as stand-alone as any John Williams theme. It breaks my heart with hope. Ok, I have raved. Slap me. (and I rarely rave about anything disney except pixar.)

That said, may we all bow down to that music? It made me weepy just listening to it. It is truly a symphonic of contemporary American themes. That music could open the Olympic ceremonies. It is as stand-alone as any John Williams theme. It breaks my heart with hope. Ok, I have raved. Slap me. (and I rarely rave about anything disney except pixar.)
1st off your 100% right, the music is amazing. And 2nd off, on a completely unrelated note, Teebin, you're back!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

I have that piece on my iPod. It's on my sleeping playlist. Every night. I absolutely adore the music, and when I got off the first time, I was in utter shock at the beauty of not only the vistas, but the music. After analyzing exactly what the heck just happened as I left my seat, I then started to realize that the music makes this ride so awesome. The 'transitions' just seem... so simple that they disgust me, because I know Disney could have done them much better.

Yeah, Soarin's Music is really amazing.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they just changed the line so it was more like it's sister. The ride itself is amazing, but having to wait an hour through that absolutely boring plane line is just torture. I think if they change it, they should have it include the whole world rather than just one state/country (Orlando, New York City, Paris, Venice, Neuschwanstein Castle, Norwegian Fjords, Cairo, Dubai, Tokyo, Ocean, Hawaii, San Fran, Grand Canyon, returning to Florida going through the Sunshine SkyWay then going to Epcot for the final).

I have that piece on my iPod. It's on my sleeping playlist. Every night. I absolutely adore the music, and when I got off the first time, I was in utter shock at the beauty of not only the vistas, but the music. After analyzing exactly what the heck just happened as I left my seat, I then started to realize that the music makes this ride so awesome. The 'transitions' just seem... so simple that they disgust me, because I know Disney could have done them much better.

I would have liked it if they had you go into a cloud or something and then transition to the next scene, the queue video shows alot of clouds but the ride doesn't really seem to.

If they did clouds at each transition, they should mist everybody each time to make it really realistic.

That would be neat, and the transition of clouds might be good. Even though I don't mind the "flash" transitions now, I think adding clouds would be good for effect and a "completeness" to the ride...