Something I noticed about HHN’s Anniversaries Worldwide | Inside Universal Forums

Something I noticed about HHN’s Anniversaries Worldwide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 12, 2021
So Singapore this year has a house celebrating their past called Killustator: the Final Chapter and the houses represented are:
  • Hell House (2015), True Singapore Ghost Stories: The MRT (2015), Twisted Clown University (2019), Spirit Dolls (2019), Curse of the Naga (2019), The Chalet Hauntings (2019)
All from the past 5 years of Singapore’s event.

Hollywood… sort of had a “anniversary” house with Titans of Terror, which reused scenes from previous houses of Freddy, Jason and Leatherface and 2016 was sort of a anniversary year in of itself, with a Terror Tram themed on a original character (2006), Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface houses (2007), Michael Myers (2009), TWD basically being a staple dating back to 2012 and the Purge from 2014. Everything dating back to 2006-2007, absolutely nothing from the really early years.

Orlando had TWO anniversary houses, the Hallow’d Past and Monsters and Mayhem. Hallow’d Past featured three scenes from 2008, Disorientorium and Ship of Screams from 2003. Monsters and Mayhem were mostly comprised of scenes from recent years (at the time of 2015) particularly 2011.

The point I’m making is what exactly is it with HHN in presumably every park and their insistence to only focus on HALF of their history?

So Singapore this year has a house celebrating their past called Killustator: the Final Chapter and the houses represented are:
  • Hell House (2015), True Singapore Ghost Stories: The MRT (2015), Twisted Clown University (2019), Spirit Dolls (2019), Curse of the Naga (2019), The Chalet Hauntings (2019)
All from the past 5 years of Singapore’s event.

Hollywood… sort of had a “anniversary” house with Titans of Terror, which reused scenes from previous houses of Freddy, Jason and Leatherface and 2016 was sort of a anniversary year in of itself, with a Terror Tram themed on a original character (2006), Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface houses (2007), Michael Myers (2009), TWD basically being a staple dating back to 2012 and the Purge from 2014. Everything dating back to 2006-2007, absolutely nothing from the really early years.

Orlando had TWO anniversary houses, the Hallow’d Past and Monsters and Mayhem. Hallow’d Past featured three scenes from 2008, Disorientorium and Ship of Screams from 2003. Monsters and Mayhem were mostly comprised of scenes from recent years (at the time of 2015) particularly 2011.

The point I’m making is what exactly is it with HHN in presumably every park and their insistence to only focus on HALF of their history?
It’s two-fold.

One - most of the people attending during anniversary years have attended in the past 5 years. It’s far less common for people to continue coming for 10-15 years, consistently. So, they design houses that those people will be familiar with because anniversary houses don’t work when guests don’t recognize anything.

Second, it’s not common for costumes and props to last more than 5 years.

For Singapore's case, my RIP guide told me this year was a covid recovery year and they knew just as recent as April that they could even put on an event due to restrictions. I'm sure they re-used a bit more from recent years due to that (the house didn't even have a facade).

Reactions: pumpkinbot343