Sorry it took this long | Inside Universal Forums

Sorry it took this long

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 28, 2013
ST. Petersburg
I have been posting here for about a year now, lurking for many more. I might as well introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I live in St. Pete, I was born the son of an electrical contractor. We were at one time one of the largest in Florida. Our largest general contractor we did work for was Christiano construction which built a lot of BGT and adventure Island, so I used to get all the prints of the upcoming projects. Then the economy took a number two, and took a lot of contractors with it. Last September my father was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma multiforme, it is the most aggressive type of brain cancer/ tumor there is. I quit the family business and moved back home to help my mother care for my father because he lost function on his left side. Sadly on June 14th of this year he lost his battle with cancer. http://www.andersonmcqueen.com/obituaries/Richard-Brydebell/. So today my mother and I came across a DVD from Costco, it was filled with videos we had never seen all from Disney world from the early 70's. The videos were mostly full ride pov. It was nice to see that at one time my dad was a theme park nut like myself. Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for sharing your story. What a great find to discover a shared love of theme parks with your father! It's amazing how we're often more similar to our family than we even realize. It must have been a nice perk for your father to see plans for the parks under construction! Best new year wishes to you and your family:ears:

Nice to meet you, Kevin! That's a really neat bond with your father and his involvement in theme parks. My condolences to you and your family on his passing.

See you around OU! :thumbs:

Hello Kevin, (thats my Dads name)and welcome to OU. I love to hear of the bond family members share with hobbies and passions such as theme parks. My dad got me hooked on coasters and thrill rides and now I've far surpassed his knowledge lol. I hope you become a little more active in our community here and enjoy yourself.