Space Mountain Refurbishment | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Space Mountain Refurbishment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was lucky enough to ride BTMR once during Wishes and I agree - simply Amazin!!

Rode Splash Mountain when wishes are hitting it's climax, that was an amazing sight.

Moments like that sell the "Disney Magic" for me, but it's just not enough compared to the reality.

Why was this not done in the ridiculously long refurb of 2010 which to the layman is no different since

Why was this not done in the ridiculously long refurb of 2010 which to the layman is no different since

Because they didn't want to have it closed any longer than it already was...

I'll keep saying it though: they need to close it for a solid year plus and give us a complete rebuild to being it up to today's standards.

Well I thought that's what was supposed to happen in 2010.

Do you reckon we'll ever get a DL style refurb?

I absolutely hate riding Space Mountain since every time I get off the ride I'm in physical pain from how rough it is. Looks like this will do nothing for me

I absolutely hate riding Space Mountain since every time I get off the ride I'm in physical pain from how rough it is. Looks like this will do nothing for me

Half the time that's my experience with it too...which I find odd since I've ridden hundreds of coasters and I ride Woodies quite often, and I never come off feeling like I do after a ride on MKs Space Mtn.

They seriously need to retrack the ride and add some new effects and SOUNDTRACK.

I had the roughest ride I have ever had on Space this past Saturday. We rode on the left side if you are looking head on towards the loading platforms so not sure if it is Alpha or Omega, and sat in row 6 and for some reason it whipped me around pretty good and more so than my last ride on the opposite side in March, which was in on the middle rows so not sure if that played a part in it or not.

I had the roughest ride I have ever had on Space this past Saturday. We rode on the left side if you are looking head on towards the loading platforms so not sure if it is Alpha or Omega, and sat in row 6 and for some reason it whipped me around pretty good and more so than my last ride on the opposite side in March, which was in on the middle rows so not sure if that played a part in it or not.

From my experience row 6 is much rougher than other seats.

You have to remember that Space Mtn. was designed without the aid CAD. So all the banked corners are the result of, "Does that look right to you?""Yeah, I guess."

Ive been going on this ride since the 80s and cant remember ever having a ride like that before. Maybe im just getting old :lol:
It's always been pretty rough for the size coaster it is. But you are right that it has gotten worse sine the last refurb. They really just need a new coaster with the same layout.

And as far as the Star-eophonic sound, I am pretty sure they just duct taped some old car speakers to the superstructure.

I honestly freakin love Space Mountain the way it is, and would take it over DL's version any day. The roughness makes the ride, it feels so insane and out of control that I honestly can't help myself from laughing the whole ride through. The drops are also super fun, and a rarity on Space Mountain rides. If they re-do this to make it slower, less bumpy, and more "controlled", I'm going to be a pretty upset guy. Maybe I'm the exception though :shrug:

I honestly freakin love Space Mountain the way it is, and would take it over DL's version any day. The roughness makes the ride, it feels so insane and out of control that I honestly can't help myself from laughing the whole ride through. The drops are also super fun, and a rarity on Space Mountain rides. If they re-do this to make it slower, less bumpy, and more "controlled", I'm going to be a pretty upset guy. Maybe I'm the exception though :shrug:

The roughness has never bothered me in the past up until my ride last weekend, it was literally whiplash type rough a few times. Im chalking it up as a fluke though and will rid again but in a different seat next time.

No I definitely agree with you. I mean, I would love a new track of course. But I would hope it still has that out of control feeling somehow.

DL Space Mountain blows WDW's rough monstrosity out of the water.

I honestly wouldn't shed a tear if they replaced Space Mountain with a different attraction all together.

Yeah, I agree. DL's Space Mountain is ridiculously fun, whereas WDW's Space Mountain actually made me sick from all the roughness the last few times I rode it.

And I'm the kind of person that almost NEVER gets sick on rides.