Spider-Man 4 (Marvel Studios) | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man 4 (Marvel Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it’ll be interesting to see what direction they go with this. Im assuming it will be a college freshman year type of movie (and maybe the introduce Miles as his roommate or via some type of frat party)

Justin Lin feels like a fantastic director for something that is meant to be a "Reset" of the style of Spider-Man films.

Rumors have positioned this as a film focusing on Peter losing his identity as Spider-Man; and the decline that brings in how Parker operates I believe as his former life is "Killed" following NWH. I really hope they use that and the Symbiote to tell a story similar to the slice of life nature that Lin managed to set a good style of with Beyond.

Filming starting in September plus the schedule we currently have for MCU films tells me this will be a post-Avengers 5 release and come out in July 2026. If Avatar 3 wasn't coming out December 2025, i'd think maybe there would be a chance they shoot for that as a release date but there's no way (plus that would be a tight window for post anyway).

Last edited:
Filming starting in September leads plus given the schedule we currently have for MCU films tells me this will be a post-Avengers 5 release and come out in July 2026. If Avatar 3 wasn't coming out December 2025, i'd think maybe there would be a chance they shoot for that as a release date but there's no way (plus that would be a tight window for post anyway).
Thinking similar—as I think things are now being positioned for Avengers 5 to pivot from the Multiversal angle in lieu of an Earth story. Would make sense if they use the time that they have before the Battle World, that we see Parker in one more story before Secret Wars kick up.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
We will see what they do

Rumors have been Marvel wants it to be more street level (please god yes) while Sony wants more multivese stuff because of the success of the last film and spider verse

Keep its street level, if every film is about 5 spiderman then that gimmick will get old real quick, I mean...it kinda has already but Sony seems to want to beat a dead horse with the same idea again

Reactions: SeventyOne
I do not see the appeal of putting Zendaya in this movie, a small cameo at the beginning to set up Peters emotional conflict, sure.

But it seems like that they really aren’t trying to phase her out as some have hoped.
I don’t really like Jones or Ned in these movies so I was hoping that the events of No Way Home would have expedited their exit. Perhaps I should not have jumped to assumptions so quickly.

Who are these people? Zendaya is great in these movies.
Sure Zendaya is fine.
But I’m not a huge fan of the character she plays.

Also totally unrelated reason, it seems she is in everything nowadays, but this take isn’t exactly a serviceable to just Spiderman.

I think if MJ is treated more as a smaller character, (almost like Chani from Dune: Part 1), it'd actually be fine. The focus right now should be on Peter as a character as the spiral with the symbiote suit begins. I'd even say if there is a character that should get the female lead; it might actually be Black Cat or Sable.

Something new to spice things up--not necessarily that of MJ or even Gwen.

Last edited:
Not a fan of MJ, Ned & others.. was also in the camp that expected them to be "gone".

To be fair, I haven't really been a fan of the Tom Holland films. They're good, but for me personally, they only have a one-time view appeal. Although, I did watch No Way Home again at home, but that's probably due to Tobey/Andrew Spidey-verse (and I'm not even a fan of the Andrew Spidey movies).

I think it's just "Spidey fatigue". Even the animated "Into the Spiderverse" sequel didn't wow me, then left me on read via cliffhanger :mad:

With that being said, I'm still curious where this goes & what villain(s) pop up.

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid
I am interested in what Spiderman will do so that not only will he become remembered again, but also clear his name after people think he killed Mysterio.

Filming starting in September plus the schedule we currently have for MCU films tells me this will be a post-Avengers 5 release and come out in July 2026. If Avatar 3 wasn't coming out December 2025, i'd think maybe there would be a chance they shoot for that as a release date but there's no way (plus that would be a tight window for post anyway).
Thinking similar—as I think things are now being positioned for Avengers 5 to pivot from the Multiversal angle in lieu of an Earth story. Would make sense if they use the time that they have before the Battle World, that we see Parker in one more story before Secret Wars kick up.
Unless Peter is not appearing in the next AVENGERS movie (which would be a gigantic mistake from a box office standpoint; the lineup kind of needs him), I think his standalone movie needs to come first to be the bridge after where we left him at the end of NO WAY HOME (where he's on his own, and none of the other MCU heroes know his real identity).

Given Sony's production timeline for these movies are generally one year out from release, so I would still expect a release sometime during the holiday season of 2025. Could be first weekend in November, which would give it about six weeks before AVATAR.

If it's really filming this fall.

I do not see the appeal of putting Zendaya in this movie, a small cameo at the beginning to set up Peters emotional conflict, sure.

But it seems like that they really aren’t trying to phase her out as some have hoped.
I don’t really like Jones or Ned in these movies so I was hoping that the events of No Way Home would have expedited their exit. Perhaps I should not have jumped to assumptions so quickly.
The Ned take is not good at all imo. In the comics, Ned becomes the Hobgoblin when exactly? When he goes to college of course. Ned very well could be the villain of this film.

Also, the Zendaya stuff I’m seeing here I just don’t understand. Quite frankly, MJ is below her on an acting level (similar to ScarJo with Black Widow). Marvel is lucky to have her.

Reactions: Jake S
The Ned take is not good at all imo. In the comics, Ned becomes the Hobgoblin when exactly? When he goes to college of course. Ned very well could be the villain of this film.

Also, the Zendaya stuff I’m seeing here I just don’t understand. Quite frankly, MJ is below her on an acting level (similar to ScarJo with Black Widow). Marvel is lucky to have her.
I can just not like Ned. If he becomes Hobgoblin, cool. But then there is no reason for him to be in these films.

Regarding Jones, maybe I’m old school but she isn’t Mary Jane and they try to make her this universes version without doing it the way some fans would respect.
Not saying I hate Zendaya (she’s great in Euphoria) but she doesn’t hit for me in these movies.

Reactions: Wesker69
I just can't see the current Ned as Hobgoblin... sorry. Just.. no.

And yea, her nickname being MJ just never sat well with me. There can be only one. Even Flash Thompson was a dud..

It's like we ordered Spiderman from Wish! Yea, it's harsh, but the characters are honestly forgettable.

The MCU's version of Ned does not have the presence or the depth to ever become a villain. As played by the actor, he's a goofball comic relief supporting character at best. I think he's actually been too goofy through all three movies so far, frankly, and have no real desire to see him again. It won't be a deal-breaker if we do, though. If we need to give Peter a buddy, then it's Harry Osborn time.

As for Zendaya, my only reservation with bringing her "MJ" back is that I don't want to see Peter's sacrifice of that relationship at the end of NO WAY HOME suddenly undone. I think you risk basically ruining that movie's ending if you take that back. Under no circumstances would I want to see the character regain her memories of her prior relationship with Peter. Now, you could do a story where she builds a new relationship with Peter, but his decision to leave her alone at the end of NO WAY HOME also makes me hesitant. It's tricky to thread all those needles, which is why I'd favor leaving her character out of the next movie (perhaps to be revisited in 5). Let Peter spend a movie away from her and grow with some new supporting characters.