Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone here have a Dubstep song version of the Spiderman song that plays on your way out to the gift shop? (It plays in the hallway after dropping your glasses off) Been looking for ages.

Reactions: MrBlonde
Money and land, neither of which USH had enough of at the time to warrant Spider-Man coming over. When they had enough money, in the 2010s, they still didn’t have much land, hence why Transformers is a two-story ride.
If I'm not mistaken, part of it was the Disney purchase of Marvel preventing it on the west coast, hence why anything remotely marvel related in the park disappeared. I'm sure years prior they had considered bringing it over but the early planning for Transformers and the marvel purchase sealed the deal to not do it.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
If I'm not mistaken, part of it was the Disney purchase of Marvel preventing it on the west coast, hence why anything remotely marvel related in the park disappeared. I'm sure years prior they had considered bringing it over but the early planning for Transformers and the marvel purchase sealed the deal to not do it.

I think it was before that. They had that Spiderman Rocks! musical but that's about it. They did nothing with Marvel there and seemingly didn't want it (probably because of $$$) so contract lapsed even before Disney bought out Marvel.

It was because the original deal Marvel and Universal signed in the 90s only was for the East Coast I believe, which is why they cloned Spider-Man as Transformers for USH.

No, Universal wasn't prevented from bringing Marvel attractions to the West Coast. Spider-Man was planned to replace E.T., but due to the economic downturns on tourism caused by the 9/11 attacks and Universal's parent company, the French company Vivendi, which had zero interests in theme parks and was unwilling to invest in bringing Marvel attractions to USH, the Mummy was used to replace E.T. instead due to being more cheaper. A true shame though, the ride would have been still be massively popular with audiences due to being timeless as opposed to the Mummy, which I admit is fun and is the only roller coaster in the Lower Lot park, as somewhat outdated.

I would have assumed that the contract would have been expanded for USH to use the IP.

What a different theme park world that could have been if Disneyland wasn't allowed to use Marvel.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Better yet: how history could have been different if Universal acquired Marvel Entertainment instead? USH might still have some Marvel attractions in the long run, but Nintendo might be completely left out of the play altogether.

Now you're talking. Potter, Marvel and Nintendo would be a great triple threat.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Now you're talking. Potter, Marvel and Nintendo would be a great triple threat.
This is all assuming Marvel properties under Universal pictures is well done, or even half as well done as the MCU. Plus, even if Disney owned the MCU but not Marvel for their theme parks, I can't imagine SOME deal wouldn't have been made currently. Marvel is Disney's cash cow. Which, still makes me utterly perplexed at Avengers Campus.

Like, for all my issues with it (having not been in person, so I mean bare with me) I at least totally understand the intention of Batuu for SW:GE. I get it, it was a potentially very innovative idea that I think they failed on the execution for. Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S is just plain stupid when Marvel's audience is insanely large.

Reactions: CMM and Mad Dog
This is all assuming Marvel properties under Universal pictures is well done, or even half as well done as the MCU. Plus, even if Disney owned the MCU but not Marvel for their theme parks, I can't imagine SOME deal wouldn't have been made currently. Marvel is Disney's cash cow. Which, still makes me utterly perplexed at Avengers Campus.

Like, for all my issues with it (having not been in person, so I mean bare with me) I at least totally understand the intention of Batuu for SW:GE. I get it, it was a potentially very innovative idea that I think they failed on the execution for. Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S is just plain stupid when Marvel's audience is insanely large.
Yeah, Disney hit it just right time wise. I doubt Universal had the wherewithal or money to do it right before Comcast came in fully.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Yeah, Disney hit it just right time wise. I doubt Universal had the wherewithal or money to do it right before Comcast came in fully.
Yep, ugh, if only. I just hope MSHI never changes, its timeless as are comics. Hulk and Spiderman are going to be staples forever so just never change MSHI, never change (or add a stunt show if you can but totally cool if not).