Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
very true, which is why i said in my original post that logically they would not change the characters but it would be very cool if they did.

i mean the original story boards show the lizard crawling out of the sewers towards the scoop now that would be amazing

web_ORG_SPID_957_index.jpg

Very cool... where could I see a high-res version of that image?

Reactions: Jubilation Lee
With the logic of the general public not giving a damn, than why would you be wanting a change at all? The Spiderman fans understand and get the characters, and the general public along with them know it is a fantastic ride. Those things do not need to be changed.

I love the ride the way it is too. My idea was more of a "If I Ran The Parks" kind of thing rather then me wanting them to change some of the villians real badly.
icon_neutral.gif

The Spiderman fans understand and get the characters, and the general public along with them know it is a fantastic ride. Those things do not need to be changed.
It's not really that big of a change, all they could do is just change the models of the characters but don't need to make major changes to the scenes that they appear in. (Then again, they would have to change some scenes in the queue video... but my idea might not happen so whatever.)

If you inject villains for the sake of popularity, you get Spider-Man 3.
I don't get what you're refering about exactly? Are you saying that my idea is bad like the movie? Does it have something to do with Venom not originally going to be in the film because Rami didn't like him but put him in anyways because of his popularity with fans? Me is confused. :inquisitive:

Am I the only one who still thinks all of the characters are remaining? I don't see a hint of a character change even. The quote said:

If we have to go out of our way to find them, it's much smaller than new characters and more along the lines of the Iron Man easter egg. Just my 2 cents. :shrug:
Probably, put who knows? When Disney first announced Star Tours 3D they didn't say C3PO was going to replace Rex from the original ride or that every ride is a different ride until sometime much later.

Last edited:
Does it have something to do with Venom not originally going to be in the film because Rami didn't like him but put him in anyways because of his popularity with fans? Me is confused. :inquisitive:

Yes. The original plan was Vulture, with Ben Kingsley playing the villain. However, Sony and fans wanted Venom. So, Raimi brought in Venom and simply murdered the symbiote storyline.

Probably, put who knows? When Disney first announced Star Tours 3D they didn't say C3PO was going to replace Rex from the original ride or that every ride is a different ride until sometime much later.

Yes, but you knew that they were changing the pilot. Also, again, ST2 and this are 2 completely different things. ST2 is a new ride, this is a refurb/ reanimation.

So is Star Tours.
No, it's not. ST2 is a NEW ride, with a new name (actually several new, albeit similar names), new queue, new story, new motions, new characters, ALMOST COMPLETELY NEW RIDE, and was advertised as such. This is being advertised as a refurb/reanimation, with the SAME story.
So again, let's recap.
ST->ST2
New name
New queue
New characters
New motions
New story
New animation
New ride

AAoSM->AAoSM 2.0
Same name
Same queue
Same characters (Presumably, and almost definitely)
Same motions
Same story
New animation
Same ride

Last edited:
No, it's not. ST2 is a NEW ride, with a new name (actually several new, albeit similar names), new queue, new story, new motions, new characters, ALMOST COMPLETELY NEW RIDE, and was advertised as such. This is being advertised as a refurb/reanimation, with the SAME story.

Star Tours isn't a new ride, no matter how they market it. Same old simulators, same old Star Tours. It's a great overhaul. It's not a new ride.

Star Tours isn't a new ride, no matter how they market it. Same old simulators, same old Star Tours. It's a great overhaul. It's not a new ride.
Same simulators, yes. Same story, no. I'll admit, it is close to the same ride, but you have to admit that it is very different. Again, completely different story, almost completely different ride. Same exact story, same exact ride. (Minus the reanimation)

Same simulators, yes. Same story, no. I'll admit, it is close to the same ride, but you have to admit that it is very different. Again, completely different story, almost completely different ride. Same exact story, same exact ride. (Minus the reanimation)

The story does nothing to change the actual ride in my opinion. A new story is nice, but it's still just a refurb.

Same reason why I see the Despicable Me change as just a refurb unless the ride system changes.

The story does nothing to change the actual ride in my opinion. A new story is nice, but it's still just a refurb.
Okay, I get your opinion, and where you're coming from now. But still, you can not say that ST2 and AAoSM 2.0 are like the same thing. D
Same reason why I see the Despicable Me change as just a refurb unless the ride system changes.

Okay, ST, I understand why you would think of that as a refurb. Same universe, same creators, same general theme. But DM? Really? So was Simpsons and SGE "just a refurb" too?

Okay, I get your opinion, and where you're coming from now. But still, you can not say that ST2 and AAoSM 2.0 are like the same thing. D

No, more work went into the ST refurb.

Okay, ST, I understand why you would think of that as a refurb. Same universe, same creators, same general theme. But DM? Really? So was Simpsons and SGE "just a refurb" too?

Simpsons I'd say was basically an overhaul. SGE is an abomination. IDK how to classify it.

No, more work went into the ST refurb.
Really? So coming up with a new story, making a new queue, recording new voice parts, making completely new animation, and making the motions different (GAH! why is that word escaping me!?) is the same amount of work as just making new animations?

SGE is an abomination. IDK how to classify it.
I'd say abomination works fine!

Really? So coming up with a new story, making a new queue, recording new voice parts, making completely new animation, and making the motions different (GAH! why is that word escaping me!?) is the same amount of work as just making new animations?

I just said more work went into ST.