Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went on this yesterday and there is no attraction that needs this kind of thing more than Spiderman. There were double images in most of the scenes and a few of the screens even had some characters clipping in and out like the framerate was too low. It is still a good attraction but this is exactly what it needs to put it back up as a great attraction.

I went on this yesterday and there is no attraction that needs this kind of thing more than Spiderman. There were double images in most of the scenes and a few of the screens even had some characters clipping in and out like the framerate was too low. It is still a good attraction but this is exactly what it needs to put it back up as a great attraction.

This has been happening on and off for years on random screens. I think it is when one projector goes out. One gets a black flickering in one eye as one projector isn't projecting. It is very annoying.

Ok... I can say that there are differences between scenes. But, I am sure it's not because of any new projections/projectors. The thing is some of the scenes are showing their age by showing double images, while some are not. That said, I cannot wait until the new projection gets put in. It'll be a great improvement.

The new projectors definitely do their job, and amazingly at that! I can't wait for the replacement animations.

Oh, and something interesting happened to me yesterday... I was on Spiderman, and in the spinning scene through the sewer system, the spinning was WAY more intense than I'd ever felt it, for some reason. Afterwards, during the final battle, the vehicle went off-sync for a while and it was disorienting, but I think that there is going to be a new motion sequence because the video was fine, but the vehicle spun in different places and whatnot. I don't know, it might have just been me, but I definitely felt that that spinning scene was much more intense.

Some of the vehicles programming are slightly different it seems between each other. it also could of just been timing goof with the out of sync stuff.

^^ The vehicle going out of sync was probably caused by a stack up at unload. And as stated in another thread, it is entirely possible that there may be slight differences in the profile.

IF IF IF the newer projectors are in place... People are claiming this with no absolute proof. At best they are the latest high end digital projectors which causes any business person to ask why a year before the new projections go live??? Why do we need them right now? Argue with me why they would install new projectors at a total possible cost of 7-10 million a year before they are needed?

IF IF IF the newer projectors are in place... People are claiming this with no absolute proof. At best they are the latest high end digital projectors which causes any business person to ask why a year before the new projections go live??? Why do we need them right now? Argue with me why they would install new projectors at a total possible cost of 7-10 million a year before they are needed?
Is there any possibility that these are not the actual projectors, but rather similar projectors which are being lent to UO as some sort of test?

Is there any possibility that these are not the actual projectors, but rather similar projectors which are being lent to UO as some sort of test?

I think that's probably true. I doubt the animation is fully done by now anyway. I think they would probably need to put everything new in at once since new glasses will be needed.

I made a quick trip to IOA today. I rode Spidey and I noticed the improvement with the new projectors. The images are more crisp and I didn't notice that much of a double image. The sewer scene has a lot of pixels, everybody I rode with noticed it right away. If these are a test, I can't wait to see this when it is finished.

Obi I was joking, there is nothing new to report though. I noticed some fresh paint in the bugle but thats it.

When I was at the park a week or 2 ago I noticed how much crisper the animations in some scenes were.
The most obvious change was in the sewer scene, the projections were very bright which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact I noticed that there's a physical pipe that breaks towards you which I've never quite noticed before! Cannot wait until the new animations are here next year!

I too was in the park at the end of August and the scenes that use the new HD are fantastic. You can really tell the difference. If that's just a test/demo then I CAN'T WAIT to see the full thing!!!!

Rode today and for the first time in a while, me and my friend went through the regular line. After you went through the cubicle section, they had a merchandise TM stopping people, and there was a new green screen with a rope hanging down. The TM asked us how many, and we grabbed onto the rope pretending like we were holding on for dear life, and another TM took our picture, then handed us a ticket. I almost thought it was something new being tested for the ride, but then I saw that you go to the front of the park to see it. We didn't check it out, but I thought it was interesting that it was being done in the line. Not sure if they'll use it everyday or not.