Splash Mountain Removed from EMH | Inside Universal Forums

Splash Mountain Removed from EMH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Splash Mountain is being removed from Evening EMH starting this week.

The Enchanted Tiki Room, yes, The Enchanted Tiki Room, will be taking its place.

:shifty:

Either it's being done to save on cost or...

Maintenance. Yes, 6 hours a week isn't going to put a dent in the ride's problems, but it COULD mean that Splash isn't getting a refurb again in 2013 and they're trying to do anything they can to allow it to limp to its next refurb. If JC is getting a substantial refurb next year, whether it's extended or just plussed as is, they might not take Splash down as well. Just a thought.

As a Florida resident AP who still has to make a vacation of going to the parks, EMH is my only incentive to stay on-site. Looks like I'll be back to the Maingate Irlo Bronson hotels. (EDIT: This is in relation to phasing out EMH altogether, not Splash Mountain specifically.)

I think it has a lot to do with maintenance. The ride goes down almost daily, sometimes for literal hours on end and if the ride goes down right around 2am then it will have a delayed opening.

I think saying Disney will be using these extra hours to repair the ride is way too optimisitic. This is clearly a price cutting issue. I would imagine Splash Mountain is one of the most expensive rides to operate in the park.

which makes me wonder, do we know the operating costs of these rides? That's something I would be curious to see.

- - - Updated - - -

it's pretty safe to say that if Disney wanted to refurb this ride they would need to shut it down for at least a month or two.